PHPbb team : you have to catch up with the compition

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
nawialkair

PHPbb team : you have to catch up with the compition

Post by nawialkair »

Hi

I have been watching several forum software companies. I have noticed that vBulletin will soon release vB 3.0 (currently in RC3) and Invision Board will release 2.0 beta early feb.

In order to to compete with them you have to speed up the development proccess.

I understand you have alot of other thing in life. I know that no one is paying anything to you except "thank you"

Thanks

RyanThaDude29

Re: PHPbb team : you have to catch up with the compition

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

And who cares? Not me. I'd rather have something done right than something rushed out the door. Plus, look at the cost...

Diskmaster

Post by Diskmaster »

"When it's done."

BigGator5

Post by BigGator5 »

I don't really care for vBulletin or Invision Board. I will await phpBB 2.2.

"Patience is a virtue not easily obtain."
My phpBB 2.0.4 message board: CG FanFiction Forums

"There are worse things out there than reptiles." -BigGator5 of House Sinister

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

If you need vB3 ... use vB3 ... I know some people feel offended by that stance or think we're acting foolishly but it's the simplest answer. We work at the pace we work, if it's too slow for you then please feel free to select a system that fulfills your needs (strange though how a "feature" only becomes essential when X forum introduces it :D). Development is on-going and the various parts of 2.2 are beginning to come together nicely.

Wert

Post by Wert »

How many times do we have hear this crap.

If you can't wait, use something else. As long as I've been affiliated with phpBB, the devs have never tied their releases to what the "competition" is going. And I hope they never do.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

bobthebest

Post by bobthebest »

nawialkair wrote:Hi

I have been watching several forum software companies. I have noticed that vBulletin will soon release vB 3.0 (currently in RC3) and Invision Board will release 2.0 beta early feb.

In order to to compete with them you have to speed up the development proccess.

I understand you have alot of other thing in life. I know that no one is paying anything to you except "thank you"

Thanks
no one is forcing you to use phpbb, if it is too slow, use another forum software. If you want to wait, do. JUST DON'T POST IT. you more you post "hurry up", "others r out", or "when will it be out", the LONGER it will take, cause they have to reply!

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Besides, do you really expect them to hold to those dates?
Rob

bobthebest

Post by bobthebest »

Yeah, i didn't thing of that, a bug will be found and it WILL take longer

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Totally agree with all replies! And what's more, out of curiousity I have actually checked out other forum software (the ones for which you have to pay, but just a demo version of them)... and with those you are literally SWAMPED with so many options which you will probably never ever use. Man, there's so many options there that you need a day to get through them all, and it makes it all way too complicated to keep track of it all too.

So I say no thanks, I'll wait for phpBB 2.2! I already love the current version which we have (2.0.6, with plenty of MODs though), and am looking forward VERY much to the new version! :mrgreen: