Upgrading

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DanielOliver

Upgrading

Post by DanielOliver »

When the time comes, and 2.2 is out, I am going to upgrade from my current phpBB2.0.6

When I do this, will I lose all my current MODs that I have added? I am not that bother if I do and I expect I will more then likely have to say good bye to them but thought I better ask to see for sure. ( Stupid question when you know the answer really)

One other thing I was going to ask was about adding MODs to the 2.2 when it is out. Are there going to be many available at first?

Thank you,
Daniel Oliver.
Thank you,
Daniel Oliver
Moderator at Blue Lobster
WDF Addict

Roberdin

Re: Upgrading

Post by Roberdin »

Yes.

No.
Rob

Jackal05

Post by Jackal05 »

You will lose all of your mods. The reason is becuase you are basically installing a new board it's just using the same database in this case the upgrade script just updates the Database.
As for your second question there is no answer. There may be there may not. But I am guessing that there will be quit a bit. There are some mods available (Country Flags) and some in developement at the moment I'm guessing.
If you have knowledge of PHP you could just install old mods and with a few extra modifications you can get them to work. A new version of a mod is usually updated instructions, new features (not the point), and a few tweaks to make the code compatible with the new version.
"There are two groups of people, the hunters and the hunted."
-Anonymous

[ My Home | http://www.jackaldesigns.com/ ]
[ Current Project | http://www.jackaldesigns.com/Projects/G ... /index.php ]

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Mods available for 2.2 at release? That's fast.
Rob

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Roberdin wrote:Mods available for 2.2 at release?
Most certinally. I'd say within a week of release, authors will probably have a good 20 MODs written because MOD authors <3 MODing ;)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Graham

Post by Graham »

Certainly :) If you take the 2.0.x development as an example there were MODs out on the as was mods.phpbb.com for the RC versions. Hence by the final release a number of these were pretty much finished, the MOD authors checked there had been no changes that would affect them between RC4 and the Gold release and released the MODs.

Quite how it will go this time, we'll have to wait and see.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!