Anyone using 2.2 yet?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Kuma

Re: Anyone using 2.2 yet?

Post by Kuma »

Hey Mohd, you got a nice install? it went smooth, no error?

I can't seem to figure it out. It gives me a [recall by heart since I've seen it many many times] error:

Could not get style data

:S

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

I've been running a CVS copy that I update almost daily (I update usually when I see some interesting checkins in CVS). It's been running for a month or more, so I haven't messed with the install. At the time, install was quite broken anyway. What I did was first import the mysql_schema.sql and mysql_basic.sql in phpMyAdmin. Then, to finish things off, I went through install.php and found the section of code after it loads the schema and basic. There, it makes some small changes to the database (or at least it did back then). In minutes, you have a "working" CVS copy. ;)

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

I've has working 2.1 CVS and been maintaining it since about early Dec 2002. However, not quite as long as here, which has been so since 4th April 2002, and before then was developmental 2.0 starting around July 2001.

It's doable if you (sortof) know what you are doing. :D
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

[quote][color=#4000FF]When will it be fully available?[/color][/quote]

[size=24]When it's done.[/size]

Lord Illicious

Post by Lord Illicious »

[quote]Is anyone brave enough to use phpBB 2.2 on a public website yet? :twisted:[/quote]

I would but where can ya get it?

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

[quote][quote]Is anyone brave enough to use phpBB 2.2 on a public website yet? :twisted:[/quote]

I would but where can ya get it?[/quote]
Either via daily snapshots available at http://area51.phpbb.com" target="_blank or by accessing CVS. Thousands of people have asked how to use CVS and there may even be a tutorial in the knowledge base. Indeed there is, available at [url]http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=2[/url]. Only thing I'd add would be that I prefer TortoiseCVS to WinCVS in Windows.

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

You can get 2.1, which is the developoer version untill it gets released and then will be 2.2 or so I get out of the devs posts.

You can get the CVS (Concurrent Version System) at:
http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/cvs/" target="_blank

But then you need to do A LOT of manual work on your sql DB and manual work in the template parts [most of it] (since you need to include pretty much a lot of things into the htmls)

So, I recommend if you don't have the time, the patience, and the knowledge to update a few things yourself [few, being sarcasm] then wait for a BETA, which are more user friendly, and just stress testing boards [it works fully, yet you need to try and make it crack].

When it will be available? It beats the best of us. Judging by the current CVS, I would give it at least another 2 months for a working BETA, if not more.

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

Remember to get the 2.2 CVS and not the 2.0.x one ;)
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

Trek

Post by Trek »

http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/cvs/" target="_blank
Scroll down to the 2.1.x section. 2.1.x is the development version of 2.2.x :)