Spambots

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SongBear89

Spambots

Post by SongBear89 »

I just thought of a way that you can set it up so spambots can not read emails but an email client such as outlook would. In php, set it up so that the memberlist will use a character's Numerical Equivalent. So for example. a would be a in the code but it will show up as "a" for the viewer and the email client. You can get a complete list of them here:

http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_deve ... cters2.htm" target="_blank

I know this forum is not for feature requests but could you just consider this. Since spambots are probably getting your emails off this board and the main phpbb board as we speak and that will lead to more spam for not only you but everyone.

Spambots

Post by Guest »

-_-, apparently IE didn't want to make this part show up correctly:

[quote]a would be a[/quote]

*Uses Numerical Equivalent for the characters*

[quote]a" would be: "a[/quote]

That should fix that. ^_^

psoTFX

Spambots

Post by psoTFX »

If you know this forum isn't for feature requests why are you posting it here? Come on everyone, please post messages, suggestions, reports, etc. in the correct place ... it saves everyone a lot of work. Thanks.

Spambots

Post by Guest »

This is a suggestion, not a feature. If you take my suggestion then you might disable the ability of spammers to get emails via phpBB. That means you will have one less way for spam to come into your Email-Box.

psoTFX

Spambots

Post by psoTFX »

Anything that introduces new ways of doing things, new features, new anything is a feature request ... please stick it in the SF tracker ...

Spambots

Post by Guest »

Why bother, I can't even figure out how to do that and features and suggestions are the same exact thing. I don't see any noticable difference other then the spelling of the word. I made this suggestion for your security. Not mine. I can just modify my board myself.

psoTFX

Spambots

Post by psoTFX »

sigh, "thanks" for the "suggestion" but please don't post any more here ... they go in our tracker (where they won't get lost amongst other topics, can be assigned, followed up and closed).

All you need do is register on Sourceforge, that's all, nothing difficult or involved required.