phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Tread

Re: phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

Post by Tread »

This is how i'm calling fa icons <i class="icon fa-blaa"> and they all show drop the fa .

I ran into this issue on a test board also the same on a fresh test install.

When ever you click on View more smilies.
viewmore.png

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Tread wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 pm ...

I ran into this issue on a test board also the same on a fresh test install.

When ever you click on View more smilies.
Are you running MySql 8.x? I ask since I am having the same issue here with it.
2020-06-27 06_08_56-General Error.png
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

rxu

Post by rxu »

It's a syntax error in SQL query so not MySQL 8 specific. That's a blocker for 3.3.1 release I guess.
Here https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/650 ... g.php#L121 'ORDER_BY' => 's.min_smiley_order', should be 'ORDER_BY' => 'min_smiley_order', (no s. alias prefix).

3Di

Post by 3Di »

rxu wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 am It's a syntax error in SQL query so not MySQL 8 specific. That's a blocker for 3.3.1 release I guess.
Here https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/650 ... g.php#L121 'ORDER_BY' => 's.min_smiley_order', should be 'ORDER_BY' => 'min_smiley_order', (no s. alias prefix).
Never had this issue with 3.2.x or 3.3.0 and the "more smilies" windows with MySql 5.7.x though. Just now with MySql8.
And we have a lot of extensions that use that window BTW.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

rxu

Post by rxu »

Because this error was added later ;)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

rxu wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:52 am Because this error was added later ;)
Ouch, reference pls?
In this case yes please, let's fix it for this releases if possible.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Ah I see, I blamed that file:

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/commit/6 ... 80beb78c73

Indeed this bug will break a lot of extensions. :geek:
I wanted to test it on MySql 5.7.x as I said on discord but everything is clear now, thx.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

At least the social media buttons are working again. But the forums & topic icons inserted in the css, most of them are not accepted / displayed.
social buttons.jpg
social buttons.jpg (3.81 KiB) Viewed 55669 times
social_media_buttons.html

Code: Select all

<div class="socialbuttons">
	<!-- Facebook -->
	<a href="#" title="Visit us on Facebook" target="_blank" class="btn btn-facebook"><i class="fab fa-facebook-square"></i></a>
	<!-- Twitter -->
	<a href="#" title="Twitter us" target="_blank" data-placement="top" class="btn btn-twitter"><i class="fab fa-twitter"></i></a>
	<!-- Github -->
	<a href="#" title="Github" target="_blank" class="btn btn-github"><i class="fab fa-github"></i></a>
	<!-- IF S_ENABLE_FEEDS -->
	<a type="application/rss+xml" href="{U_FEED}" class="btn btn-rss"><i class="fas fa-rss" title="{L_FEED} - {SITENAME}"></i></a>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- Youtube -->
	<a href="#" title="Visit us on Youtube" target="_blank" data-placement="top" class="btn btn-youtube"><i class="fab fa-youtube"></i></a>
	<!-- Paypal -->
	<a href="#" title="Thank you so much for buying me a coffee!" target="_blank" class="btn btn-coffee"><i class="fa fa-coffee"></i></a>
</div>>
css

Code: Select all

/*
--------------------------------------------------------------
Social_media_buttons.css
-------------------------------------------------------------- */

div.socialbuttons {
	text-align: right;
	margin-top: 8px;
}

a.btn.btn {
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 1em;
	color: #395F93;
	margin-left: 6px;
}

a.btn.btn:hover {
	color: #444;
}

i.fab.fa-youtube {
	font-size: 17px;
	color: #BF0000;
} 

i.fab.fa-facebook-square {
	font-size: 18px;
}

i.fab.fa-twitter {
	color: #2DAAE1;
}

i.fab.fa-github {
	color: #222;
}

i.fas.fa-rss {
	color: #FF8000;
	margin-left: 6px;
}

i.fa.fa-coffee {
	color: #395F93;
}
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Your problems with your styles will probably be the same as the other authors when 3.3.1 is released.
So take your time and wait, once the release is official you can ask for support in the dedicated forums on the official website (.COM).
On the other hand, there are no bugs about FA5 and its transition as far as I can tell, it's all about studying FA updates. phpBB 3.3.1-rc1 correctly shows its icons even if some of them have changed to BOLD.

Let's focus on real issues if any, thats' what I would like to communicate.

Thanks.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes but apparently an additional code/link in the overall_header is needed to display the new version 5 icons inserted in a css.
The question is how to integrate it correctly. But maybe I will find out the secret :-).
The only strange thing is that a few icons are displayed. And that's why you get the idea that it's a bug in 3.3.1 and post it here.
And why is the icon.fa-external-link-square displayed in red in the lastsubject of my style even though the html file contains <i class="icon fa-external-link-square fa-fw icon-lightgray icon-md" and in css the color lightgray is inserted, if it should not have a bug with the icons? In 3.3.0 it is displayed correct in lightgray.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!