phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by CHItA »

3Di wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm Could someone please tell me the reason why the 'all' directory now exists into the styles folder?
Purposes, links to docs.. anything is welcome.
It contains the atom feed template as there is no reason to change that file for any style.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

CHItA wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:33 pm
3Di wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm Could someone please tell me the reason why the 'all' directory now exists into the styles folder?
Purposes, links to docs.. anything is welcome.
It contains the atom feed template as there is no reason to change that file for any style.
Thanks, is this folder destined not to be changed by any extension or so on? To last forever as it is?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

I think the intention is that the content of that folder shouldn't be modified by a style (as it doesn't make sense). Extensions may or may not modify it, but i don't really see the point of it in case of the feed template.
So IMHO it aims to make the style authors life a bit easier, not to restrict anything.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Thank you, I excluded it from my checks.

Another question:
the config: cookie_domain appears to be empty (it is in fact), usually isn't both for 3.0 and 3.1, installed on localhost. Any clue?
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

3Di

Post by 3Di »

3Di wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:20 amAnother question:
the config: cookie_domain appears to be empty (it is in fact), usually isn't both for 3.0 and 3.1, installed on localhost. Any clue?
Shall I file a bug report?
cookiedomain320-b2-1.png

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

3Di wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:37 pmThanks, is this folder destined not to be changed by any extension or so on? To last forever as it is?
Its basically a main parent style, parent of any installed style.

That particular template doesn't depend on any other parts of style, placing it in "all" directory makes it usable for any style. So whatever style you install on your forum, including styles that don't inherit from prosilver, that template will always be available.

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

3Di wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:41 pm Shall I file a bug report?
Yes please.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

CHItA wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Yes please.
Done :) https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14564
Arty wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:14 pm
3Di wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:37 pmThanks, is this folder destined not to be changed by any extension or so on? To last forever as it is?
Its basically a main parent style, parent of any installed style.

That particular template doesn't depend on any other parts of style, placing it in "all" directory makes it usable for any style. So whatever style you install on your forum, including styles that don't inherit from prosilver, that template will always be available.
Sounds clear, I have already had an envision of it.. thank you. :)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

3Di wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 pm
CHItA wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Yes please.
Done :) https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14564
Confirmed it works, though I noticed something like the installer being slower than before.

I do not and I can't give you some data about that, just an impression. Can you confirm?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

3Di wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm Confirmed it works, though I noticed something like the installer being slower than before.

I do not and I can't give you some data about that, just an impression. Can you confirm?
Slower than what?