phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by Nicofuma »

Release highlights
  • New Features
    • CLI updater - A new command is available to update the board.
  • Notable Bug Fixes
    • DB Update - It is now possible to run the db updater without having any update package (both from CLI and web).
    • Updater timeouts - Further measures have been taken to try to prevent timeouts in the updater.
The packages can be downloaded from our package archive. Please test the packages to extend, so we can have a fail-save final release.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

leschek

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by leschek »

I'm trying to update from phpBB 3.1.8 (new testing board installed on localhost with QiockInastall) to 3.2.0 b2. It went OK until I deleted files which should be deleted. Then I clicked on "Update files" button and installer shows me message in red CANNOT_DELETE_FILES, but all files are already deleted.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

I guess you choose the third option? Because with this option you aren't suppose to do anything, just click next.
No Support via PM

leschek

Post by leschek »

Sorry. I'm not sure what are you talking about. You mean File updater method? If yes I tried the first and third method ("Download modified files in an archive" and "Update files via direct file access ("Automatic")) with the same result -> CANNOT_DELETE_FILES.

It doesn't matter if I delete files manually or not, when I use the "Download modified files in an archive" method.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

When you use the first option "Download modified files in an archive" you are supposed to delete the files yes (that's the same option as in the old updater).
But the third option "Update files via direct file access ("Automatic")" is new and you are not supposed to do anything else than clicking "continue" the files are added/updated/removed by the updater itself
No Support via PM

leschek

Post by leschek »

OK. I see. Unfortunately I always finish with CANNOT_DELETE_FILES message. I guess I still can replace all files and run only database update.

EDIT: Replacing all files and updating only database worked. I can see messages:

The installer has finished successfully

Take me to the ACP

and

The database update was successful.

but the bar ended on 14%. Anyway, after quick check it seems that my testing board is OK.

Cin

Post by Cin »

I had no problems installing a new installation or upgrading from 3.1.8.

Everything went very smooth!

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Nicofuma wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:24 pm DB Update - It is now possible to run the db updater without having any update package (both from CLI and web).
Nicofuma wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:24 pm CLI updater - A new command is available to update the board.
Is the latter quoted also usable both from CLI and web?
What's the correct usage of those? From CLI and from web, pls.

I didn't yet tested the new package but I'll do probably tomorrow or in the next days.

thx
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

In Web you have 2 links. In cli you have a config file to fill. It's lacking documentation bit if you set an invalid value in the config it should tell you the available choices
No Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Hi Tristan,

Just thought you might like to know
RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:16 am And...drum roll please....b2 installed just fine. 👍
on my local xampp install so kudos to you and CHItA. Will try and update a local forum a bit later today or tomorrow.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money