phpBB 3.1.8 RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1.8 RC1 released

Post by nickvergessen »

Lady_G wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:08 am At step: Check files, the scripts run successfully to display the Modified files.

Any link I select will open a new window and repeat the full fill difference process. It executes "Collecting file differences" and loops back to the "Check files" step.

For example includes/functions.php has: [Show merged differences] with the following link:

Code: Select all

http://localhost/forum/install/index.php?language=en_us&mode=update&sub=file_check&action=diff&status=modified&file=includes%2Ffunctions.php
The URL which executes is:

http://localhost/forum/install/index.php?language=en_us&mode=update&sub=file_check
How can this be debugged? (Perhaps it's the language pack, I'll try this next.)

This works here with english only update from 7-pl1 to 8-rc1
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have performed a clean install of 3.1.6 (new database, no file modifications), but including my extensions. The package update_3.1.6_to_3.1.8-RC1.tar.bz2 is functioning as expected, I can view the file contents. The update was successful.

I do not understand why my production database and files have an error, but this is now my problem and I will continue to debug.

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have discovered the root cause of my problem: memcache.

My production server and localhost development PC both have memcache installed. I do not understand why I am seeing this problem now, as I have been using memcache since version 3.1.5.

In config.php, I replaced my production:

$acm_type = 'memcache';	
with the 3.1.6 stock entry:

$acm_type = 'phpbb\\cache\\driver\\file';	
I was able to view file differences and successfully complete the upgrade process. After the upgrade was completed, I changed config.php back to my original configuration (db names and passwords are examples). phpBB 3.1.8-RC1 is working as expected.

<?php
// phpBB 3.1.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'postgres';
$dbhost = '';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'Test';
$dbuser = 'Test';
$dbpasswd = 'Testpasswd';
$table_prefix = '';
$acm_type = 'memcache';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_DISPLAY_LOAD_TIME', true);

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
Additional details: /phpbb/cache/driver/memcache.php is pointing to localhost:

if (!defined('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHE_HOST'))
{
	define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHE_HOST', 'localhost');
}
While debugging, be sure to clear the cache/ directory before entering the file checking step.

===========================
Did I miss a step somewhere that would cause this problem? Otherwise, this is a blocker to upgrading.

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

A ticket and pull request have been submitted by marc1706. I do not confirm the fix and have requested assistance here: PHPBB3-14496 Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

The fix has been revised and confirmed.