phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

Post by DavidIQ »

It's always been like that.

Ancica

Post by Ancica »

3.2.0-a2: 2 problems so far...

a)
clean installation got stucked during "creating configuration file…" at 11%, after f5 installation moved on and got stucked again, this time, during "installing modules..." at 67%, after f5 installation failed ("new" installation from beginning started)...

b)
clean installation got stucked during "creating configuration file…" at 11%, after f5 installation moved on and got stucked again, this time, during "installing modules..." at 67%, after browsing to the board and deleting install folder all was working fine...

clean installation with non english language pack "failed" at second step ("administrator configuration"): all started fine but croatian language pack "got replaced" during installation with default english language pack and board ended up with english as default language no matter croatian was selected during "bulletin board configuration" installation phase.

since i wanted to test croatian language pack, i replaced files from en folder with files from hr folder and installation ended same as mentioned above (case a and case b).

XAMPP for Windows 5.6.14 - PHP version 5.6.14

p. s. 317pl1 installation went smoothly without any problems.

John P

Post by John P »

I have the same problems.
Can continue with a refresh but results in duplicate records.

pierredu

Post by pierredu »

I reinstalled this version from scratch and this time, it also stopped at 11%, after writing the tablephpbb_oauth_tokens. After refreshing (F5), it starts again from the first page but goes to the end. I could not find duplicate records. Where should they be?

At the end, following warning:

Warning
The selected search backend does not have a search index.
Please create the index for “phpBB Native Fulltext” in the search index section.

Difadon

The problem with installing 3.2.0-a2

Post by Difadon »

Hello,

I try install this verion on website http://beta.czapp.cz, but i have one problem. Can´t start installation, because there is one error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/czapp.cz/www/beta.czapp.cz/install/startup.php on line 70

mrgoldy
Former Team Member

Post by mrgoldy »

Just wanted to let you guys know, also did a fresh install on a new database in a localhost.
It did indeed stop at 11% 'creating config file'. Refresh did the trick.

After that I still had the search index error show up. Not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be or should be done automatic. But once I've manually created the Full Native search index everything was fine :)
phpBB Studio Proud member of the Studio!

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

For those who the installer stop at 11%, what web server very are you using?
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

The search index is not generated on purpose as the database only stores "real" data.

pierredu

Post by pierredu »

My server is Apache 2.4 (on a local computer, if it matters).

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

And you are using php-fpm or not?
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM