phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

Post by MattF »

Is the 11% stalling a script timeout thing? 30 seconds. Those of you having that try increasing your PHP execution time maybe?
Has an irascible disposition.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

VSE wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:49 pm Is the 11% stalling a script timeout thing? 30 seconds. Those of you having that try increasing your PHP execution time maybe?
I don't think any script timeout setting will fix this:
SQL ERROR [ mssql_odbc ]
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'phpbb_rhea'. [37000]
;)

FYI I was only able to extract that after adding some code to dump out to a file what msg_handler tried to process.

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

I can not install nor update.

Upgrading gives this error:
No valid update directory was found, please make sure you uploaded the relevant files.

When installing is frozen at 11%

use the latest version xampp with php 5.5x

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

VSE wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm Does your config.php file have:
@define('PHPBB_ENVIRONMENT', 'production');
Yep
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Also should be noted:

Updating a board that has extensions installed which are not compatible with 3.2 can lead to PHP fatal errors after the update (half the phphBB official 3.1 extensions are not compatible with 3.2).

The updater should probably be extension aware in some way, either disabling them all, or disabling those with a <3.2 requirement.
Has an irascible disposition.

janus

Post by janus »

VSE wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm
RMcGirr83 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 pm One last edit, I do now notice that within the cache directory, where everything used to be stored, there are now two other directories, installer and production. Installer directory seems to have container files within it and production has nothing in it but twig stuff.
Does your config.php file have:
Do you have to insert that manual?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

VSE wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:24 pm Also should be noted:

Updating a board that has extensions installed which are not compatible with 3.2 can lead to PHP fatal errors after the update (half the phphBB official 3.1 extensions are not compatible with 3.2).

The updater should probably be extension aware in some way, either disabling them all, or disabling those with a <3.2 requirement.
I assume because of the new bbcode implementation?
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

janus wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:47 pm
VSE wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm
RMcGirr83 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 pm One last edit, I do now notice that within the cache directory, where everything used to be stored, there are now two other directories, installer and production. Installer directory seems to have container files within it and production has nothing in it but twig stuff.
Does your config.php file have:
Do you have to insert that manual?
No. This is done automatically during installation.

leschek

Post by leschek »

leschek wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:08 pm Did anyone try to install 3.2a1 in different language than English? I have partially translated install.php file, but when I change language, the installation wizard stays in English.
I tried to delete English language pack to have only my translation (to test it) and I get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found' with message 'Language file ../language/en/common.php couldn't be opened.' in /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:185 Stack trace: #0 /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('../language/', 'common.php', Array) #1 /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(77): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('../language/', 'common', Array, Array) #2 /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language.php(605): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load('common', Array, Array) #3 /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language.php(364): phpbb\language\language->load_core_file('common') #4 /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language.php(173): phpbb\language\language->load_common_language_f in /xxx/yyy/zzz/forum_3.2a1_test/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 185
I uploaded English language pack again and replaced its files (except common.php and iso.txt) with mine translation and then I was able to install phpBB 3.2a1 without English installer.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

I don't think that's a valid test. The default installer language is English so deleting it will obviously give you errors since there was no provision or requirements for allowing what you just did. It would be like deleting prosilver, putting your own style, running the installer and then expecting everything to work right out of the box.