phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

Post by DavidIQ »

Crizzo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:58 pmOpen a ticket would be usefuller, right?
There's already a ticket for that.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

VSE wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:25 pm
It looks like it's you (something about your setup). I just installed a fresh copy of A1 and every extension I have tried with routing works just fine, with url rewriting on and off.
If that is the case, I'm using wampp locally, and phpbb 3.1.6 doesn't have a problem why would 3.2 have a problem? PHP 5.6.4, I think not at the comp right now. What version of PHP are you running?

Did you also try either Paul's extension or mine?
I have 5.5.3 on my live forum so will try that to see.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:14 pm
VSE wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:25 pm
It looks like it's you (something about your setup). I just installed a fresh copy of A1 and every extension I have tried with routing works just fine, with url rewriting on and off.
If that is the case, I'm using wampp locally, and phpbb 3.1.6 doesn't have a problem why would 3.2 have a problem? PHP 5.6.4, I think not at the comp right now. What version of PHP are you running?

Did you also try either Paul's extension or mine?
I have 5.5.3 on my live forum so will try that to see.
I just installed your Flags extension, and routing to the Flags works for me. Are you using "Force server URL settings"? I'm not. The systems we're using should not be the issue (I'm on 5.6.10). Although since your install didn't work, like mine did, something may be a problem starting there. I don't really think reloading the installer and then having it complete after hanging really means the installation is a good one at that point, although routing I don't think has anything to do with the database. Make sure your cache is completely purged.
Has an irascible disposition.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Nope no "Force server URL settings". Installed it on a non-local site and everything worked fine.

Something to do with the installer and refreshing it I suppose.

Just tried to install it locally again, removed everything started from fresh, and I am still running into the same issue even though the installer finished completely 100% without me refreshing. Version of PHP locally is 5.6.14 :?

Strangest damn thing.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:34 am Nope no "Force server URL settings". Installed it on a non-local site and everything worked fine.

Something to do with the installer and refreshing it I suppose.

Just tried to install it locally again, removed everything started from fresh, and I am still running into the same issue even though the installer finished completely 100% without me refreshing. Version of PHP locally is 5.6.14 :?

Strangest damn thing.
You don't have PHP caching (opcache, xcache or apc) enabled on your local do you?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No, no caching. Guess I can try a different version of xampp

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Are your routing files in ext_path/config/(default|production|development)/routing?

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

it should works too if they are in ext_path/config/routing
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No, the file is found in ext_path/config. https://github.com/RMcGirr83/phpBB-3.1- ... ter/config

BTW nicofuma, there is nothing about 3.2 in this page you linked to in your first post. https://area51.phpbb.com/downloads/

and "install" seems to have stalled at 11% again though I see the database tables were made.

EDIT: having same issue with different version of XAMPP. If I install nicofumas webprofiler extension and enable it I get this returned

General Error
The requested environment production is not available.
One last edit, I do now notice that within the cache directory, where everything used to be stored, there are now two other directories, installer and production. Installer directory seems to have container files within it and production has nothing in it but twig stuff.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 pm One last edit, I do now notice that within the cache directory, where everything used to be stored, there are now two other directories, installer and production. Installer directory seems to have container files within it and production has nothing in it but twig stuff.
Does your config.php file have:
@define('PHPBB_ENVIRONMENT', 'production');