phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

Post by Nicofuma »

Release Highlights

New Features
  • New installer - A new installer has been developed and can be used from a navigator and the CLI. PHPBB3-13740
  • Emojii - The emojii characters are now allowed in posts PHPBB3-12745
  • Global announcement - A new permission has been introduced to not require any admin right anymore PHPBB3-8708
Notable Changes
  • Remove subsilver2 - subsilver2 has been removed and is not updated anymore PHPBB3-12958
  • PHP 5.4 - The PHP requirements has been bumped to 5.4
  • PHP7 compatibility - The alpha version is almost 100% compatible with PHP7
  • Performances overall - The global performances of phpBB have been improved
  • Prosilver - Global prosilver improvements
  • Move FAQ to controller - The FAQ (and the related pages) is now accessed by the routing system as for the extensions pages PHPBB3-13647
  • BBcode - Some BBcode such as "quote" have been improved and supports new options and features PHPBB3-13847 PHPBB3-13680
  • reCAPTCHA - The google reCAPTCHA integration has been updated to use the latest version of their API PHPBB3-13789
Notable Bug Fixes
  • Notifications - The notifications settings are now completely respected PHPBB3-11967
  • BBcode - The majority of bbcode related bugs have been fixed
  • Twig - Twig loops ({% for row in loop %}) can now be used to replace phpBB blocks (<!-- BEGIN loop -->) PHPBB3-13132
  • Using twig's JS escape filter - The template system is now using twig's own javascript escape method instead of addslashes. PHPBB3-10388
Notable Backend Changes
  • Symfony 2.8 - Symfony has been updated to its 2.8 version PHPBB3-13407
  • Environment System - An environment system has been developed, it gives the ability to have different services and routes PHPBB3-12620
  • Decoupled routing services - The routing services has been decoupled to give more power to extensions PHPBB3-14220
  • Decoupled Twig - The Twig services has been decoupled and are now available in the DI container to give more power to extensions PHPBB3-11649
  • BBcode System - The old BBcode system has been replaced by [https://github.com/s9e/TextFormatter s9eTextFormatter]. It fixes a lot of BBcode related bugs PHPBB3-11649
  • Language service - The language string handling have been decoupled from the user and extracting to its own class
  • Notifications - The notifications manager has been completely decoupled from the notification methods and types
  • Attachments - The attachments management has been refactored in a simple and extensible service PHPBB3-13904
  • SQL WHERE builder - The SQL builder has been improved in order to also build the WHERE expression. This way extensions can easily edit the expression. PHPBB3-13652
The packages can be downloaded from our Area51 downloads page or package archive. Please test the packages to extend, so we can have a fail-save final release.
The phpBB Team
Attachments
prosilver_changes_3.1.x_to_3.2.0-a1.diff
(309.31 KiB) Downloaded 1076 times
language_changes_3.1.x_to_3.2.0-a1.diff
(133.36 KiB) Downloaded 1017 times
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

Dragosvr92

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a1 released

Post by Dragosvr92 »

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2345621 wrote: I am trying to install phpbb 3.2 dev on my local board but the installation never completes. She stops at 11%, then 67% (installing modules) and is about it for hours ...
Im quoting the message from that topic as i am getting the same thing. Basic installation should work in most of the main environments.
hum, the loading indicator stops at 67%, but if you go to the forum root, you can login and access the board. So it works.
But the installer still needs some fixing.

PHP: 5.4.35
MySQL: 5.5.41
Apache: 2.4.10
Previous user: TheKiller

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Dragosvr92 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:09 am
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2345621 wrote: I am trying to install phpbb 3.2 dev on my local board but the installation never completes. She stops at 11%, then 67% (installing modules) and is about it for hours ...
Im quoting the message from that topic as i am getting the same thing. Basic installation should work in most of the main environments.
hum, the loading indicator stops at 67%, but if you go to the forum root, you can login and access the board. So it works.
But the installer still needs some fixing.

PHP: 5.4.35
MySQL: 5.5.41
Apache: 2.4.10
Could you please create a ticket with the javascript console log message (you should have one) what the installer produces for you?

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

sceditor is not include yet

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Meis2M wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:11 pm sceditor is not include yet
There's a reason for that:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3630

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

CHItA wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 am Could you please create a ticket with the javascript console log message (you should have one) what the installer produces for you?
Where do i get that log? The installer just stops at 67% and thats all. It doesnt say it completed the install. But it seems to do so, as if you are browsing to the board and delete the install dir, it is working fine.
Previous user: TheKiller

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Installed it locally and didn't have a problem. Actually my extensions are now returning no route found for GET when rewrite urls is on.
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Dragosvr92 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:19 pmWhere do i get that log? The installer just stops at 67% and thats all. It doesnt say it completed the install. But it seems to do so, as if you are browsing to the board and delete the install dir, it is working fine.
There might be a log in your browsers javascript console (i think in most browsers it is calls developer log or something similar), as the issue might be caused by a PHP warning which is written to the output therefore breaking the JSON syntax, which might cause the problem you've experienced.

leschek

Post by leschek »

Did anyone try to install 3.2a1 in different language than English? I have partially translated install.php file, but when I change language, the installation wizard stays in English.

ForoXL

Post by ForoXL »

I can't update guys.
Attachments
no files delete.jpg