[Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: [Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

Post by hanakin »

yeah we do ne aria-hiddens on the i I am working that
Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am
hanakin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:54 pmMerged!
Is the merge why I'm no longer seeing the "last post", "first unread post", "quote", "report" and so on icons?

if so, this needs to be fixed soon or backed out.

Steve
not sure what is meant by referencing those names like that. Need more specific examples pls provide visuals or reference the html lines
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: [Define New Theme] 8. Utilize Font Awesome icons where icons are needed to simplify server requests.

Post by DavidIQ »

Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am Is the merge why I'm no longer seeing the "last post", "first unread post", "quote", "report" and so on icons?

Steve
You probably mean "Click to jump to page" because I don't know of a "Last post" icon unless you're referring to the "Last page" icon on the pager. "First unread post" was always a link. The rest of the icons, including the "Click to jump to page" one, I'm seeing just fine. Maybe something with your browser cache?

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

hanakin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:49 am
Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am
hanakin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:54 pmMerged!
Is the merge why I'm no longer seeing the "last post", "first unread post", "quote", "report" and so on icons?

not sure what is meant by referencing those names like that. Need more specific examples pls provide visuals or reference the html lines
I used very basic shorthand figuring we were all phpBB experts here (see below), but I'll provide screen captures if that helps. (But, seriously, you don't know what the Quote icon is? :()

As I discuss the first screen capture below, I'll just discuss the second one here. Here's what should be in the colored boxes:
  • Red box -- Topic tools
  • Green box -- Search, Advanced Search
  • Blue box -- Jump to page, First page
  • Orange box -- Report this post, Replay with quote
  • Yellow box -- This post (called just "Post")
DavidIQ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pm
Pony99CA wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am Is the merge why I'm no longer seeing the "last post", "first unread post", "quote", "report" and so on icons?
You probably mean "Click to jump to page" because I don't know of a "Last post" icon unless you're referring to the "Last page" icon on the pager.
No, but that's not working, either, as mentioned above. The "last post" icon is next to the last poster name on View Forum page (the tool tip is "Go to last post"). See the red box in the first screen capture.
DavidIQ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pm"First unread post" was always a link.
There's also an icon for it on the View Forum page to the left of the topic starter's name (the tool tip is "View first unread post"). See the green box in the first screen capture.
DavidIQ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pmThe rest of the icons, including the "Click to jump to page" one, I'm seeing just fine. Maybe something with your browser cache?
I did a Ctrl+F5 refresh and still don't see those icons. I'm using IE 10.
phpBB_ViewForum.jpg
phpBB_ViewTopic.jpg
And those aren't the only icons missing for me.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Un1matr1x

Post by Un1matr1x »

all fine here, was missing first, but hard refresh worked on google chrome
icons.png

Khaos-Rage

Post by Khaos-Rage »

Looks much improved over the old icons on mobile.

Only thing missing is the custom bbcodes are missing icons.

Code: Select all

[c][/c]
[gist=][/gist]
[strike][/strike]
Chrome 45 Android
Screenshot_2015-09-26-04-14-47.png

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Pony99CA wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:40 am No, but that's not working, either, as mentioned above. The "last post" icon is next to the last poster name on View Forum page (the tool tip is "Go to last post"). See the red box in the first screen capture.
Ah ok. I see that icon as well though.
Pony99CA wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:40 am There's also an icon for it on the View Forum page to the left of the topic starter's name (the tool tip is "View first unread post"). See the green box in the first screen capture.
Seeing that one too. Not finding any issues with any icons. Sorry. I've tried on Chrome, Safari, IE11, and Edge. I don't have an IE10 installation handy but I'm pretty sure Font Awesome works fine in that version of IE as well.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

I'm using a different PC now with a different network connection and IE 11, and I can see the icons now. I don't think that they're nearly as attractive as the phpBB 3.1.x icons.

I'll check my IE 10 PC again later (the network there is having issues).

Steve
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

I'm still seeing this problem on my work system using IE 10. Are the icons being delivered through a CDN or something?

Steve

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Pony99CA wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:01 am I'm still seeing this problem on my work system using IE 10. Are the icons being delivered through a CDN or something?

Steve
And maybe there's a problem with cross-domain font request?

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Pony, are you using an adblocker? Some of the more overzealous ones block icon fonts (have I mentioned yet that they suck?)
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog