Releasing 3.1.5

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Releasing 3.1.5

Post by nickvergessen »

The todo list will be handled on github, so I can make use of the check boxes easily:
https://gist.github.com/nickvergessen/9 ... f377664243
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

javiexin

Re: Releasing 3.1.5

Post by javiexin »

Does this mean that not-merged fixes/events will not go into this release?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Yes, sorry if you have to wait another 6 weeks for them.
But we also tried to merge all events that did not have open comments to resolve.

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

How should I work to make sure they get reviewed and included? I understand that there must be a cutoff line somewhere, but I would like to expedite as much as I can.

There are a number of changes I have proposed related to profile fields that I sent some time ago, posted in Extension Dev and in here, but had no discussion at all... These are even more than "events" in the sense that are real limitations and may create errors/bugs.

Thanks a lot,
-javiexin

EDIT: How do I check which changes are included?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Whatever has already been merged into the 3.1.x branch will be included.
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/tree/3.1.x

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

There are two of mine
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3538
and
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3528
that were both submitted back in April are not WIP, have nothing to resolve and haven't been merged.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

javiexin wrote:How should I work to make sure they get reviewed and included? I understand that there must be a cutoff line somewhere, but I would like to expedite as much as I can.
It's mostly the time that limits us. We try to release regularly, so the updates don't get as big as they did in the past, where it would take hours to update your board with the file changes.
Especially events should be included in the next release everytime. If they skipp more then 1 release, feel free to mention @nickvergessen in the respective PR to make sure I have a look before releasing.
LavIgor wrote:
Github Gist wrote:Go through Issues fixed in 3.1.5 and correct any unreadable descriptions
Release highlights wrote:Post subjects from protected subforums where listed incorrectly on the forum index in the following two scenarios
Maybe "h" is odd in "where" in this sentence?
Just to be perfect in the explanations. ;)
Thanks, fixed

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

Another process questions: what does it mean that something is WIP in here? And, in case it means stalled, as I think, how do we make it to progress?

Thanks a lot for all the time and effort you put into this. Certainly not recognized enough...
-javiexin

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

WIP means Work In Progress

If a developer sets this for your PR, this basically means that there are comments that need to be addressed. If you resolved all the comments and think your PR is ready to merge again, you can post a reply on the PR with the comment

Code: Select all

!unset WIP
That will remove the flag and we will have a look at it again (we also check WIP PRs from time to time, to see if someone didn't unset it, but less frequently)