Custom profile field problem

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
leschek

Custom profile field problem

Post by leschek »

In phpBB 3.0.x I created custom profile field (Boolean (Yes/No)) with language options Yes (Ano - translation into my language) and No (Ne). I duplicated the database to try the test update to 3.1 (I think it was last alpha). Since then I updated the 3.1 regularly and now I use RC4. Because I use the board only for testing I didn't realize in previous versions (between that last alpha and RC4) that there is a small problem with custom field I created. In the profile (and in small profile in topics) I can see number 1 instead of Yes (Ano).

Interesting is that in ACP setting of this profile field (in "Language definitions" - "Options".) I have Yes (Ano)/No (Ne).

I thought I could try in UCP to change my setting for this custom profile field into "No" (untick the checkbox), but when I do it shows me this error message:

Code: Select all

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum1_phpBB31/ucp.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
The same message appears when I try to change other things in profile tab, but I can change other stuff in UCP (language etc.). I checked the permission masks and I have permission to change profile field information.

Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager

Re: Custom profile field problem

Post by Crizzo »

Hi,

did you messed up your CHMOD-settings to your files?

Regards

leschek

Post by leschek »

I think I have right CHMOD on ucp.php file - 0644. And I don't have problem with other settings in UCP as changing the language, time zone, editing signature etc.

leschek

Post by leschek »

I tried to update phpBB from 3.0.10 to 3.1 RC5 (via RC4) again and it seems I still have the same problem with custom profile field.
I also tried to create the new Boolean (Yes/No) custom profile field with options Yes (Ano)/No (Ne) and find out that I'm not able to change the options for second language in "Language definitions" (after saving it shows the same values as before saving). In profile (and small profile in viewtopic) is shown value "1" instead of "Yes (Ano)".

At least the problem with changing setting in UCP (more in the first post) is gone for now.

leschek

Post by leschek »

After update to RC 6 I still have problem described in the previous post:
leschek wrote:I also tried to create the new Boolean (Yes/No) custom profile field with options Yes (Ano)/No (Ne) and find out that I'm not able to change the options for second language in "Language definitions" (after saving it shows the same values as before saving). In profile (and small profile in viewtopic) is shown value "1" instead of "Yes (Ano)".

nachtelb

Post by nachtelb »

Confirmed. Same issue on my RC6. Under viewprofile it shows only 1 instead of the given name.
Do you feed the tracker leschek?

leschek

Post by leschek »

Not yet. I wasn't sure if this is bug or only some problem on my side. I will create it in hour or so.

Update: Created.

Elsensee
Former Team Member

Post by Elsensee »

This might be (partially) the same issue as this one: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-12642