Where Should Extensions ACP Panels Go?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
wintstar

Re: Where Should Extensions ACP Panels Go?

Post by wintstar »

That I am aware. For us it is aware. Since we have so constantly do. And as it is with a new starters? I am of the opinion that should give an extra area in the ACP for extension. Then it is clearly arranged.
Greeting Stephan :-)

wintstar

Post by wintstar »

And for Style think i am to. Would also be best. For Styles should also get its own range. It is extensible for other, perhaps more adventitious features.
Greeting Stephan :-)

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

The Customise Tab is for Managing (Installing, Uninstalling, Dis-/Enable) everything (languages, styles and extensions), hence the module should be renamed to "Manage extensions" there.
The Extensions tab is for configuring the installed extensions, so this is fine.

Just create a ticket for renaming Customise>Extensions.
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

wintstar wrote:That I am aware. For us it is aware. Since we have so constantly do. And as it is with a new starters? I am of the opinion that should give an extra area in the ACP for extension. Then it is clearly arranged.
New users will not see the Extensions tab. It does not appear for new users until they eventually install an extension that has it's own ACP module. So by the time it appears, they will already know that the Extensions link under Extension management in the Customise tab was for enabling/disabling, and the Extensions tab was something new that came from something they installed.
Has an irascible disposition.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

How about just renaming .MODs to "Add-ons"? Works for extensions, mods, or anything.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM