Where are the [RFC] prefixes going?

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Jacob

Re: Where are the [RFC] prefixes going?

Post by Jacob »

DavidIQ wrote:Not entirely sure why this was done but I'll leave that explanation for Michael.
Because the forum is already called [3.x] RFCs, I suppose?, so there's no need of an additional RFC in the topic title.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Yes, RFC isn't really necessary since it is in the RFC forum.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

It was agreed a long time ago that [RFC] is not needed and shouldn't be included in the topic title of any new RFCs. I edited a few which had been posted in the past couple of weeks with [RFC] prefixes as if people post topics using [RFC], it means others will follow that example.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I dont understand why not to include. I open only RFC topics when I click on View new posts and I use the prefix to easily identify those topics.

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Kamahl19 wrote:I dont understand why not to include. I open only RFC topics when I click on View new posts and I use the prefix to easily identify those topics.
You can also go directly to the RFCs forum: viewforum.php?f=108 Isn't that easier?

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Change password after clicking on reset link in email
by *Daniel » Today, 00:53 » in [3.x] RFCs
It details the forum. Prefixing every topic in a forum with the forum name is quite pointless.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

When was the new rule been in place? I had my topic edited once because I didn't put it in.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

It is much slower to look at forum's names because they are on the end of the lines, which has different lengths. However, prefix is also first so I just quickly go thorough new topics.

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

It seems rather petty to randomly remove some instead of just posting a new sticky rule or just living with it, the [RFC] prefix doesn't hurt anything and editing users posts capriciously seems bad...
These kids today...
Buy them books, send them to school and what do they do?

They eat the paste. :lol:

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Master_Cylinder wrote:It seems rather petty to randomly remove some instead of just posting a new sticky rule or just living with it, the [RFC] prefix doesn't hurt anything and editing users posts capriciously seems bad...
It also seems rather petty to make a big deal out of it...