[RFC] Allow lower case in forum name

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
aleha

[RFC] Allow lower case in forum name

Post by aleha »

Forum names are always converted to upper case. I think that the forum name should be exactly what we type in the ACP.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: [RFC] Allow lower case in forum name

Post by DavidIQ »

I've never seen this behavior... :-?

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

DavidIQ wrote:I've never seen this behavior... :-?
It only happens in pro silver in the blue bar (Like here on area51 with the categories)

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Its a style behavior. If you want to change it for your forum, you can simply remove text-transform: uppercase; from appropriate selector in css. Many styles change that behavior.

wintstar

Post by wintstar »

aleha wrote:Forum names are always converted to upper case. I think that the forum name should be exactly what we type in the ACP.
++++1
Greeting Stephan :-)

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Arty wrote:Its a style behavior. If you want to change it for your forum, you can simply remove text-transform: uppercase; from appropriate selector in css. Many styles change that behavior.
Yeah.. but wouldnt that also change the text transformation of other headings like Topics, Posts, Last Posts, etc.. too? I wouldnt mind having the table headings in uppercase but since its a simple css fix, this can be changed easily if required.