Multi-language Q&A CAPTCHA support

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
/a3

Multi-language Q&A CAPTCHA support

Post by /a3 »

I know of a (non-phpBB) website that's battling spam, and don't use a question/answer-type CAPTCHA because it's not friendly for users of different languages.

phpBB supports multiple languages, and it would be nice if the Q&A CAPTCHA was supported for different languages. I don't currently know what the best way to do this would be (which was why I posted in the Discussion forum). I'm not sure if guests are currently able to choose a language either.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? How many phpBB administrators actually face this problem at the moment?
$ git commit -m "YOLO"

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Re: Multi-language Q&A CAPTCHA support

Post by Noxwizard »

The Q&A CAPTCHA already supports providing questions and answers for each language pack you have installed. What more are you wanting from it exactly?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

My guess is the problem would be that it might not update the captcha if the language is changed (i.e. on the registration page). But I have never tried the feature out myself so I am not sure.

/a3

Post by /a3 »

Noxwizard wrote:The Q&A CAPTCHA already supports providing questions and answers for each language pack you have installed. What more are you wanting from it exactly?
Hmm, I haven't seen that yet (slightly embarrassing for me). I'll check it out now.
$ git commit -m "YOLO"