phpBB 3.1 Demo System

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1 Demo System

Post by nickvergessen »

UMIL is replaced with Migrations, which we are just waiting for, and AutoMOD is replaced by just dropping in files instead of editing.
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

emosbat

Post by emosbat »

nickvergessen wrote:UMIL is replaced with Migrations, which we are just waiting for, and AutoMOD is replaced by just dropping in files instead of editing.
I am very interested to see resources that show me how these will works, especially with examples :roll:

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Documentation and examples are still a bit WIP because 3.1 is not ready for widespread use. Once 3.1-a1 is released, more documentation and examples will be created because we'll know the general design everything will have and it will not likely change significantly.

I have written some documentation on how to use Migrations, it is very similar to UMIL in some ways:
https://wiki.phpbb.com/Migrations

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

This is getting a little off topic, but I will respond to the above posts:
emosbat wrote:
nickvergessen wrote:UMIL is replaced with Migrations, which we are just waiting for, and AutoMOD is replaced by just dropping in files instead of editing.
I am very interested to see resources that show me how these will works, especially with examples :roll:
There is a 3.1 example extension here but it is not up to date. I am also working on two extensions (one and two) that can be used as more "hands on" examples. They are currently both in early developmental stages.

Furthermore, as EXreaction mentioned, there is already some documentation in the wiki about Extensions, Events, Migrations, and related components, though it is also very much a work in progress and subject to change.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

emosbat

Post by emosbat »

thanks :) and sorry for my offtopics. I try to find better place to send my questions :)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Oleg wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote: Clicking on System->Administrative Control Panel->Customize
ACP_STYLE_COMPONENTS
Either I don't see it or it is also fixed.
Noname.jpg
Noname.jpg (18.38 KiB) Viewed 18291 times
Looks like the entry is missing from language/en/acp/common.php
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

That is something that should be killed in database updater for 3.1 as 3.1 has no style components. Can you file a ticket for this please?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

Q: will it mean that mod authors must make their mod edit less?

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

The development team wants to transition from modifications to extensions. Extensions are by design editless.

It will obviously still be possible to continue writing 3.0-style modifications for 3.1. What the customization db policies for those will be, you will need to ask the mod team.