Add count/number of undealt moderative queue to MCP link

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
DocSommer

Add count/number of undealt moderative queue to MCP link

Post by DocSommer »

I'm running a board with very less need for moderative actions. Therefore me and the other moderators/admins doesn't look in to the MCP very often leading to having some open cases without noone paying attention for a week or so every once in a while. Therefore it would be nice to realize some kind of notification feature. The first thing I was thinking about is simply to display the sum of events of moderative queue/reported messages (btw: shouldn't be the reported message beeing a part of the moderative queue tab??) next to the MCP link, like:
Moderator Control Panel (5)
....that's kind of inspired by the unread PM count display :D

I also thought about other possibilities, like mail/PM notifications but these are probably less effective for boards with mod-teams since MOD1 might look into cases that already have been solved by MOD2. All in all a real-time count display of unsolved moderative cases seems the most practicable solution to me.

Since the average phpBB community is probably a small/mid size forum I can imagine that this might be useful in many scenarios.

EXreaction

Re: Add count/number of undealt moderative queue to MCP link

Post by EXreaction »

When notifications are merged into 3.1 it will be possible (you may configure it for yourself) to receive notifications when something is reported/added to the moderation queue.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=42829

But this may be useful as well for larger boards if moderators do not want to receive all of these notifications.

DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Me too, still - good to know that something is already in the pipeline.

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

Doc, sounds like you need this one: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... or_needed/

DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Yeah that's basicly what I'm looking for. This mod seem to work but doesn't appear maintained/validated for the recent phpBB version.

Still I think it'll be great and useful to have such kind of feature "on board" by default

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

DocSommer wrote:Yeah that's basicly what I'm looking for. This mod seem to work but doesn't appear maintained/validated for the recent phpBB version.

Still I think it'll be great and useful to have such kind of feature "on board" by default
MODs do not get revalidated for each version, but that does not mean it will not work. If you are unsure, you may ask in that MOD's discussion/support area.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Yeah I have my forum running as a clone via localhost for testing/messing around so that's no problem - still this feature smells like common sense :D

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Yeah it's a good one. This should be included in 3.1 as default. Not sure if it is already...