Q&A CAPTCHA: Random questions

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
charafweb

Q&A CAPTCHA: Random questions

Post by charafweb »

Hello everybody,
I suggest to improve the Q&A CAPTCHA by adding the possibilty to create not just one question, but as many as Admin wants, and those question will be shown randomly (The verification question will change everytime).
I think also that would be better if there is the possibility to combine this plugin with an other one (for instance reCAPTCHA), because now we have to choose just one from the spambot countermeasures.
Thanks
(I hope you understand my poor english)

imkingdavid

Re: Q&A CAPTCHA: Random questions

Post by imkingdavid »

You can already create multiple questions to be randomly displayed for Q&A. As for allowing multiple captchas, I do not think that should be a core feature. If I had to fill out multiple captchas I would probably not use the website.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

imkingdavid wrote:If I had to fill out multiple captchas I would probably not use the website.
+1

charafweb

Post by charafweb »

imkingdavid wrote:You can already create multiple questions to be randomly displayed for Q&A
How that? I create 2 questions, I keep refreshing the registration page, only the first question keep showing. Or do I have to install a specific MOD?
imkingdavid wrote:As for allowing multiple captchas, I do not think that should be a core feature. If I had to fill out multiple captchas I would probably not use the website.
Yeah, I can agree with you, but the user will have to pass this multiple verification ( duo captchas: A question + reCAPTCHA) just once (at registration).

Thanks
Last edited by charafweb on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charafweb

Post by charafweb »

Here, it's said:
You only need one question. If you think the bots have figured it out you can just change it to another.
What I understand from that is there's no way to create many questions, or I'm wrong?

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

need one question, does not mean that you cannot have more.
Also, you get only one question per session. Reloading the page won't reset the session so you won't get another question.

charafweb

Post by charafweb »

brunoais wrote:need one question, does not mean that you cannot have more.
Also, you get only one question per session. Reloading the page won't reset the session so you won't get another question.
Thank you, I get it now ;)

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Open ALL the incognito tabs!
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

charafweb

Post by charafweb »

Thank you for your answers, I wasn't aware that was possible.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

charafweb wrote: I think also that would be better if there is the possibility to combine this plugin with an other one (for instance reCAPTCHA), because now we have to choose just one from the spambot countermeasures.
You can sort of do that, too. Use one CAPTCHA plug-in and combine it with Required Custom Profile Fields.

However, further discussion of that is probably best done on phpbb.com.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.