Load default language before other languages?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
naderman
Consultant

Re: Load default language before other languages?

Post by naderman »

MartinTruckenbrodt wrote:Hello Nils,
I'm a MOD author and no co-developer. I don't advertise MODs. I advertise missing core features.
Perhaps MODs should been written like patches in future?

Bye Martin
So you're saying you'd rather people have to install a special MOD for this, than everyone being able to benefit from this?

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello Nils,
I will send you a german language PM next time. I think here it's too much off-topic to talk about these things.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

callumacrae wrote:Contributions to the core aren't accepted as patches, so that wouldn't really achieve anything.
They are ;)
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello,
I have had a look to the code. I'm not good programmer but I think it looks good.

I have three further ideas:
  • Is it possible to do it with a merge thing insteat of the include thing? I think it's a good point for viewtopic.php?f=108&t=42939 .
  • What's the matter if English language pack is uninstalled? I think it should be possible to use the board default language insteat.
  • IMO it should be possible to enable and to disable this feature.
Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello Nils,
I've modified your code for Olympus. It's running great! I can't see any performance problem.

You can test it on one of my dev boards: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... /index.php

The MOD in developement just is translated for en and de . In the language selction bar there are two new language variables which are not included in ./language/<your language pack>/common.php by default. This is the test! ;)

Bye Martin

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello Nils,
your and my code seems not to be complete: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/i ... anslation/

Bye Martin
Last edited by MartinTruckenbrodt on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartinTruckenbrodt

Hello,
Olympus MOD for better multi language pack support including this feature is done: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... m.php?f=72

Bye Martin