Statuses in phpBB?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Darksminky

Statuses in phpBB?

Post by Darksminky »

not that we really need them, but the trend of the Internet is statuses, even small networks like armor games hae a system of statuses, maybe if phpBB had them, users new to forums would have an easier time understanding what does what, just a suggestion. . .

Rotsblok

Re: Statuses in phpBB?

Post by Rotsblok »

huh what do you mean with statuses? phpBB has the possibilities of ranks.. which can indicate who does what? Or do you mean something else?
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Teekeo

Post by Teekeo »

Rotsblok wrote:huh what do you mean with statuses? phpBB has the possibilities of ranks.. which can indicate who does what? Or do you mean something else?
Similar idea to Facebook & Twitter, I think he means. Short updates..
I think this'd be cool, if there was a little speech bubble by a user's avatar and the user can click edit right on it and change it.

MrDeveloper

Post by MrDeveloper »

This thread's been inactive for more than a month now, but let me add something to this:

I do not think this should be enabled by default. Maybe, in the form of a plugin or as an add-on. I'm not sure every person that has a forum would want it.

Darksminky

Post by Darksminky »

I suppose we could record siggy changes as "statuses" or something of the sort. . .

Jhtech101

Post by Jhtech101 »

What I have done to create a statuses feature is to go to the "System" tab, add a custom profile field to the userCP section. I then named the feature "status" and that could be considered a workaround for a statuses function.

Hope this helps!