Seprate table for mod config's

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
z2z

Seprate table for mod config's

Post by z2z »

Many Mod (sp. small) use phpbb_config table ... i think it will be better to create separate mod config table for preventing pollution of phpbb_config.

:?:

onehundredandtwo

Re: Seprate table for mod config's

Post by onehundredandtwo »

MOD authors can create their own tables if they wish. But there isn't anything in the MOD Validation Checklist that says they can't use phpbb_config for configuration.

Plus it doesn't really matter unless the MOD is uninstalled, if it is uninstalled you would just have to remove it.

Remember that this is what phpbb_config was meant for, configuration for phpBB. ;)
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above

z2z

Post by z2z »

Yes, i agree but considering phpbb_config is very crucial. So I feel so it should be more for phpbb3 core use only ... Just my opinion.

ToonArmy

Post by ToonArmy »

I disagree, I also think MODs should stop adding their own config tables and just use the default one. They should perhaps prefix all their config settings like 'mod_<modname>_'.
Chris SmithBlogXMOOhlohArea51WikiNo support via PM/IM

z2z

Post by z2z »

Even that will be great :mrgreen:

onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

I think this is out of the phpBB developer's hands, this more has to do with the MOD Validation Checklist. You could PM a MOD Team Member if you wanted to suggest it as a part of the Validation Checklist if you really wanted to. ;)

onehundredandtwo.
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above