New User Registration Error..

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
abstacle

New User Registration Error..

Post by abstacle »

One my forum, when a new user registers, the "registration complete" page never loads. This causes people to hit either "refresh" or "back", which causes them to try to register again. However, the username they used to register the first time actually WAS registered, so when they try to register again it says the name is taken and they use a new username. The result is multiple users created for one person. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? If it helps, when I installed the "final step" page never loaded as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work..

here's the site: http://www.vividness.net/unrivaleddominion/

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: New User Registration Error..

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

abstacle wrote:One my forum, when a new user registers, the "registration complete" page never loads. This causes people to hit either "refresh" or "back", which causes them to try to register again. However, the username they used to register the first time actually WAS registered, so when they try to register again it says the name is taken and they use a new username. The result is multiple users created for one person. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? If it helps, when I installed the "final step" page never loaded as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work..

here's the site: http://www.vividness.net/unrivaleddominion/
Well Blank pages are mostly the result of wrong edits in lang files.
Have u installed any Mods?which affect the register page?
Try to restore your language files.
Long Live PhpBB!

Pit$Bull

Re: New User Registration Error..

Post by Pit$Bull »

Are you on the paid or 'free' account at BRINKSTER.COM?
Windows or Linux?
"A stitch in time, saves nine"

We're opening a can of whoopass on K9 CANCER.... One day at a time