phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Post by EXreaction »

Sounds good, but could you maybe move the mcp template files to template/mcp/ and the ucp files to template/ucp/? That would make working with templates much easier I think. :mrgreen:

Also you could add another folder, template/mod/ like you have in the language/en/ folder to try to have modders use the mod/ folder instead of dumping it in with the rest.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

I can't wait for the feature tracker to reopen. :)

What would you think about a one-minute delay in sending e-mail notifications, so that if you are online and you refresh the topic (and see the last post) the e-mail is cancelled and is not sent and you do not get useless notifications? The delay of course should be customisable from the UCP. By the way, how would you say "possible to be disabled" in one word? "Disablable"? :D

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

EXreaction wrote:Sounds good, but could you maybe move the mcp template files to template/mcp/ and the ucp files to template/ucp/? That would make working with templates much easier I think. :mrgreen:

Also you could add another folder, template/mod/ like you have in the language/en/ folder to try to have modders use the mod/ folder instead of dumping it in with the rest.
We plan on moving them into a sub directory.
Freedom from fear

statm1

Post by statm1 »

I've already brought that up Amtitoon.. Acydburn said that the email gets sent the second the post gets posted. Just because the email doesn't get there that fast doesn't mean there is anyway of stopping it (thats the abridged version of what he said, anyway). But I do agree that there should be a 5 minute period or something there after a post gets posted before the email gets sent to give you time to read it before it sends you a notification.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

DavidMJ wrote:We plan on moving them into a sub directory.
Great. :D

Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

What I would like is a options where admins can force ppl to search the forums first before starting a new topic or perhaps even posting something. The user would enter there message, when they post they get the search result and can choice to post it in one of those topics instead.
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

Alfatrion wrote:What I would like is a options where admins can force ppl to search the forums first before starting a new topic or perhaps even posting something. The user would enter there message, when they post they get the search result and can choice to post it in one of those topics instead.
Thats pretty much a MOD request. Try posting it in [3.0.x] MOD Requests.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Prince of area51 wrote:
Alfatrion wrote:What I would like is a options where admins can force ppl to search the forums first before starting a new topic or perhaps even posting something. The user would enter there message, when they post they get the search result and can choice to post it in one of those topics instead.
Its actuallyalready possible if you indtall the auto group MOD.

Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Tanks for the tip paulus.
Prince of area51 wrote:
The functionality of lots of mods for 2.0 where include in to 3.0. I'm saying this would be nice to be included in to 3.2.
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Alfatrion wrote:Tanks for the tip paulus.
Prince of area51 wrote:
The functionality of lots of mods for 2.0 where include in to 3.0. I'm saying this would be nice to be included in to 3.2.
This, to me, seems like a very unique situation that would likely not be used by most people, and in my opinion better suited as a MOD only instead of core functionality. :)