Template system No No

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
i-Xeno

Template system No No

Post by i-Xeno »

The new template system seems stupid and much harder to modify. I have been using phpbb for about 4 years now, purely because it was so easy to template. I love the features on phpbb3 but the template system I hate. Please restore it back to the phpbb2, maybe with a more powerful cashe system.

Nicholas the Italian

Re: Template system No No

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Or, in other words, "I'm not able to understand how the new template/caching system works, please make something simpler that I can handle too".
phpBB staff has been hearing you though, since starting from RC4 the template caching system will default to off so to allow you to immediatly see the changes when you upload modified files, without having to refresh from ACP.

i-Xeno

Post by i-Xeno »

Nope, your wrong. I am stating " go back to the same structure as before " because I tried to template for this and I was good at phpbb2, now I can see that nothing I used before works. I want to import the template I made for my site and I cant. Hence why I asked for the phpbb2 template system to be added back in. Or atleast have it as a secondary option where the administrator of the site can select between phpbb2 or phpbb3 templating system.

This new system is so different that I have spent 30 mins looking through to just get a headache.

Freelance

Post by Freelance »

The new templating system is much better, with lots of new features.

If you don't like the templating system of phpbb 3, then stick to phpbb 2.

We all have to learn the new system. so stop complaining and learn it. In a while you'll see the benefits of phpbb 3 and you won't complain anymore
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]