PHPBB2 theme to PHPBB3

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
rain91

PHPBB2 theme to PHPBB3

Post by rain91 »

I'm sure this has been asked, cannot pinpoint the thread though. Is there anyway to easily convert my phpbb2 theme that I created so that it works with phpbb3?

thanks in advance guys!

Nicholas the Italian

Re: PHPBB2 theme to PHPBB3

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

No. Worlds apart.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I didn't find it that hard, it only took me about a week of sporadic work to port a phpBB2 style that my users demanded to have back.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Ok, question was "is there any way to easily convert my phpbb2 theme ... so that it works with phpbb3?", and answer is no.
Of course you can refactor your theme so it can work with phpbb3. This is more difficult if you want to
a) include all of the new features
b) write it following phpbb3/xhtml/tableless design philosophy
in which case it's probably quicker and more effective to just start over new.
This said, of course you can do it. There's just no automatic tool nor step-by-step procedure, AFAIK.