phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Lord Illicious

phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Post by Lord Illicious »

So when will they release phpBB4?!!! Seriously its taking way to long! I dont want to wait any longer please! Get a move on now!!!

I am just kidding of course. Just stopping by here to say im very glad to see the phpbb community come so far and is now we can enjoy phpBB3 (RC3 now at least).

Coders, developers and contributors have done an outstanding job. Great forum and support for free!
Shaolin-Venoms.com
SV is retiring. New site will be ShaolinGate.com

Nicholas the Italian

Re: phpBB4 im sick of waiting!

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Lord Illicious wrote:So when will they release phpBB4?!!!
Humm, well, how to say... more or less... let me think... should be around the time... wait wait... ah yeah now I remember... when it's ready!

SamG

Post by SamG »

According to the xuniL kernel version numbering scheme, phpBB 4 should already have been released. But I can't find it on the downloads page. A SourceForge problem :?:
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

SamG wrote:According to the xuniL kernel version numbering scheme, phpBB 4 should already have been released. But I can't find it on the downloads page. A SourceForge problem :?:
In fact, under xuniL, phpBB 4.0.2 was released January 15, 2003.

(for anyone who missed the joke, that's 2.0.4 backwards)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Nicholas the Italian

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:In fact, under xuniL, phpBB 4.0.2 was released January 15, 2003.
Ya but it only works on non-existent operating systems...

SamG

Post by SamG »

No, not true. phpBB 4, like all previous versions of the software (9, 8, 7, etc.), is platform-independent. :x

Nicholas the Italian

SamG wrote:No, not true. phpBB 4, like all previous versions of the software (9, 8, 7, etc.), is platform-independent. :x
In fact as I said it doesn't work regardless of the platform... :P

SamG

Post by SamG »

That's better. You should have just said that in the first place. Accuracy is crucial, lest we confuse people.

Nicholas the Italian

You should have just said that in the first place.
I said that in the first place. It's just that you're reading the topic in Linux order, while I'm writing it in xuniL one.
lest we confuse people.
Once they're confused they might happen to ask some intelligent question, don't you think?

SamG

Post by SamG »

What does intelligence have to do with this conversation :?:

Speaking of which, let's parse your comment: “Ya but it only works on non-existent operating systems...”

This is clearly false even in xuniL. Platform-independent software cannot only work on non-existent OSes. But it can not work on all OSes. If it works only on non-existent OSes it is clearly platform-dependent. Even in xuniL.

Anyway, AJD solved the problem. I was looking only among existent SourceForge DLs. Given a release date, I elgooGed for it, and there it was. My bad. :oops: