Updating from RC1 to RC3

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Malaphus

Updating from RC1 to RC3

Post by Malaphus »

How do I do it? I got the RC1 to RC2 zip, and the RC2 to RC3, but I can't run the RC2 update script because it tells me it's out of date (the newest being RC3)... yet there is no RC1 to RC3 script, so am I stuck or what?

Thanks in advance.

abouthere

Re: Updating from RC1 to RC3

Post by abouthere »

Download the full RC3 package

Overwrite your existing installation with it.

Run the database update.

You now have RC3.

I needed to do this the other day and found the answer elsewhere on the net. I'm disappointed that this basic information isn't contained in a readme within the download or on the main page.

Hope this helps.

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

I also had to do this.

Before you do it, make sure that you know all the files that you edited if you have installed any MODs. Then afterwards you'll have to re-install the MODs but it should work fine. :)
In vino veritas

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

abouthere wrote:Download the full RC3 package

Overwrite your existing installation with it.
Just remember not to overwrite the config.php file.

Better to get the change files version or use the automatic updater.

SamG

Post by SamG »

abouthere wrote:I'm disappointed that this basic information isn't contained in a readme within the download or on the main page.
An RC phase helps shake out unintended/unforeseen problems like this. If I understand correctly, beginning with RC4, the automatic updater will now allow "back" updates, so long as they're done in the order the updates were released.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

abouthere wrote: I'm disappointed that this basic information isn't contained in a readme within the download or on the main page.
It's all explained in the docs/install.html file that's in the download.

It's also in the online documentation which is linked in the announcement topic.