How to uninstall mods using easy mod

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
S_22

How to uninstall mods using easy mod

Post by S_22 »

Hello everyone i have a question-
How to uninstall a mod with easy mod?
or how to uninstall it manually?
uninstalling through easy mod is prefered :D

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to uninstall mods using easy mod

Post by Kevin Clark »

I have an idea it has an uninstall option now.

EasyMOD keeps a backup of the files it's going to change before it edits them.

Look in the admin/mods/the-mod-name folder for /backups.

All the files are in there. Just remove the .txt suffix and re-upload them.

S_22

Post by S_22 »

Oh i see..
there is an option in easy mod that says "restore backups"-so is this the same as manually doing it by going to the admin/mods/mod-name folder and renaming the files and uploading it?

and one more thing-
lets say v install a mod named "A":-Before installing easymod makes the backup files and then installs it.
and now v install a mod named "B":-Once again before installing it,easymod makes the backup files and then installs it.

but wat if some of the files edited when installing mod "B" was the same file edited when installing mod "A" ?...
and then when v want to uninstall mod "A"-
wont restoring backups cause mod B" to fail cuz when v r restoring the backups v r restoring the file which were there before mod "A" & mod "B" was there and thus there won't be any of the lines altered when installing mod "B" and so won't the mod "B" stop working??

Awaiting your reply,
Thank you for your time.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Yes the backups only have the files before the MOD was put on so if you wanted to uninstall A you would lose the edits to those files for B as well.
S_22 wrote:there is an option in easy mod that says "restore backups"-so is this the same as manually doing it by going to the admin/mods/mod-name folder and renaming the files and uploading it?
I assume so. I've never used it.