Olympus security

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
user99

Olympus security

Post by user99 »

How secure is Olympus. While I was running last beta version on my website, it was easily hacked by "Dengesiz Team".

Standard installation, no other software. Hosting by reputed IXwebhosting

poyntesm

Re: Olympus security

Post by poyntesm »

Did you report to the security tracker? phpBB.com run it so obviously they feel its secure. Not reporting stuff stops them being aware of any issues and being able to fix it ;)

Pace

Post by Pace »

Report the hack.
Try to include as much information as you have.

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

how are we supposed to look into security issues if users will not report them :roll:

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

karlsemple wrote:how are we supposed to look into security issues if users will not report them :roll:
Tsk tsk.
I thought you were trained enough to extrapolate informations from users by mind-reading. Your wages should be halved.

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

one of the forums I had got hacked within hours .. the reason was pretty simple .. the PC I logged in as Admin from had a Key Logger .. it emailed some jack-ass on the other site of the planet all ma inputs .. and after an hour I get a call from one of member saying some Team DRX has hacked it .. for some reason .. I think this person had a similar situation .. if they know the password .. its a piece of a cake .. ;)

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

If so phpBB cannot do anything against it as its not a security risk of phpBB but of the user
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Pace

Post by Pace »

karlsemple wrote:how are we supposed to look into security issues if users will not report them :roll:
The coolest thing is that there are "no tickets to display" :P
(that said, I guess the security tracker was only created when the website was updated, so not many would know about it…)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Security tracker has been around Jul 2004 -> see http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=214449

SamG

Post by SamG »

I don't remember the dates the security tracker or the investigating team got kicked off, but they were well before the main site update. for example, this announcement asking for better incident reporting is from almost two years ago.

EDIT: Beaten to the submit button yet again. :(
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood