MOD's ??

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
wingnut144

MOD's ??

Post by wingnut144 »

I know its early, but it seems that some people have already released mods in the MODx format? I thought this was suppose to reduce the amount of manual coding in individual files that admins had to do to install these programs.

Where in the ACP are these added, and how is it done? :?: :)

poyntesm

Re: MOD's ??

Post by poyntesm »

MODX is just XML format for the MOD format. It in itself does not reduce workload on manual install. phpBB3 structure makes stuff easier to do with less edits.

MODX and ACP are not related. Modules can be part of a MODification released with MODX, but not all MODifications will have modules.

Hope that helps you some.

wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

Hmmmm, not so much..... as the package I downloaded doesn't have any files to modify....just new files........ :cry:

I'm so confused! LOL :lol:

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

It should have a .xml and .xsl file. So open the xml with your browser and you should get the instructions... if the MOD author has done it correct :lol: