Lost newby

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
disucks

Lost newby

Post by disucks »

Can anyone tell me what this is?

"Critical Error

: complete_file_repro[1]->modio_close[2]"

I've had easymod installed for a while now (NICE). I installed 4 mods mods when I first started, np's at all.
I'm now trying to get some spam/bot protection but every mod I try comes back with a critical error. All starting with text above (2 of the errors below)
The very first time I tried the ftp settings/password was wrong, if that makes any difference :) Most likely you'll all look at this and say "DUUUR" but I'm a newb so I'll say soz now.
Cheers

Critical Error

: complete_file_repro[1]->modio_close[2]

FTP ERROR: could not write file [admin/mods/TextualConfirmation-1.0.1/processed/includes/constants.php.txt]
MOD script line #92 :: FAQ :: Report

: complete_file_repro[1]->modio_close[2]->Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_user_ban.php] could not find:

if (preg_match('#^(([a-z0-9&.-_+])|(\*))+@[a-z0-9\-]+\.([a-z0-9\-]+\.)*?[a-z]+$#is', trim($email_list_temp[$i])))

Secondary Error - Critical
FTP ERROR: could not write file [admin/mods/wildcardban/processed/admin/admin_user_ban.php.txt]
MOD script line #39 :: FAQ :: Report

disucks

Re: Lost newby

Post by disucks »

I've read the FAQ which tells me to check the file its looking for is there. Well no, everytime the file is missing, which would be fair enough if we're talking about one mod but this is happening on every mod (10+ now).

The folder isn't there when i first upload but is after trying to run the EM mod install, but its empty. Firstly I thought it was permissions, so I allowed everything then tried again from scratch, no joy.
Even a nudge in the right direction would be great, I don't know what else to try.
At the mo' I not only have to ban/edit every bot account but the forum is displaying email addys for 300+ clients.

EM has always worked a treat then just stopped.
Cheers