Possible CSS bug

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ejellard

Possible CSS bug

Post by ejellard »

Hi,

I know we're not supposed to report bugs here, so I am not reporting a bug, just asking a question...

I have never come across a case where there's a need to define the same css class twice, but that seems to be done in phpBB3:

Code: Select all

.bg1	{ background-color: #ECF3F7; }
.bg2	{ background-color: #e1ebf2;  }
.bg3	{ background-color: #cadceb; }
and

Code: Select all

.bg1	{ background-color: #f7f7f7;}
.bg2	{ background-color: #f2f2f2; }
.bg3	{ background-color: #ebebeb; }
I've used CSS for a while, but am nothing like as advanced with it as the phpbb team, so don't want to waste their time by submitting this if there's a valid reason that I'm unaware of.

Should I submit this as a bug - the correct one (first code quote) is later in the files, so appears to work normally - but it could reduce the css file size by a few bytes without the second one!

Cheers,
Ed

Acyd Burn

Re: Possible CSS bug

Post by Acyd Burn »

Cascading... cascading. ;) We re-define colours within the colours.css file - to allow users switching colours completely by only replacing one file instead of all files.

ejellard

Post by ejellard »

Very nice - learn something every day - up til now I've just done that in PHP (to save HTTP requests I guess).

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the fantastic forum software!

Feel free to lock this topic if need be (not that you'd need my permission to lock it ;) )

Cheers,
Ed

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

ejellard wrote: Feel free to lock this topic if need be (not that you'd need my permission to lock it ;) )
You can lock your own topics. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way