Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Gumfuzi

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Gumfuzi »

still no CVS update today... must be a big one :D

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

He does have a point though, he should report it, so the devs can decide.

And, frankly, he isn't going to delay RC1. I am convinced that they already have planned when they will release it, all signs point to them prepping for it. And, it makes sense to release it over the weekend, friday night/sat morning would be best.

Frankly I think it will be Friday night. One, because it is right at the start of the weekend. And two, so that there is a reasonable amount of community here to be insanely over the top about it.

Also, previous patterns show that they release at weekends.

You guys should stop giving him such a hard time. He's doing a good job, and frankly has spotted some things we should be ashamed that we didn't spot earlier.

Oh, an dark/Rain, despite saying this, I wouldn't complain if you kept the more minor ones till after the weekend. ;)
For one thing, it'd allow some of the guys here to relax.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

Lastof wrote: He does have a point though, he should report it, so the devs can decide.

And, frankly, he isn't going to delay RC1. I am convinced that they already have planned when they will release it, all signs point to them prepping for it. And, it makes sense to release it over the weekend, friday night/sat morning would be best.

Frankly I think it will be Friday night. One, because it is right at the start of the weekend. And two, so that there is a reasonable amount of community here to be insanely over the top about it.

Also, previous patterns show that they release at weekends.

You guys should stop giving him such a hard time. He's doing a good job, and frankly has spotted some things we should be ashamed that we didn't spot earlier.

Oh, an dark/Rain, despite saying this, I wouldn't complain if you kept the more minor ones till after the weekend. ;)
For one thing, it'd allow some of the guys here to relax.

really which you said is so nice

and i hope the something which you talk about happen in fridat or sat :mrgreen:

if this happened i will give dark rain big kiss :lol:

Crosby

Post by Crosby »

I just wanna say that I have nothing against dark/Rain I'm just stressed about this RC1. :D

EDIT: 2 new bugs ! :(

EDIT2: 3 new bugs ! (Thanks Lastof :P)

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

new bug by dark rain

iam so glad :mrgreen:

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

what if you stop counting bugs up and down here and go over to the bug tracker?
you could attack everybody who posts a new report and send them many bad -boo boo- words.
or you could rub honey all over their bodies so bertie will lick them down to there bones :mrgreen:
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Because, firstly, that would be trolling. Which we don't do.

Secondly, most (all?) of us are clearly phpBB geeks to some degree, so, we would prefer not to get banned.

And, do you not think that we carry pots of decoy honey about our person? Just incase?

(Also, this is more fun).

A quick "before I go to bed" update.

12 New (1 assigned, 11 not)
4 Reviewed
2 Fix in progress (the ones that have been there ages)
48 Review Later

One of the New ones is definitely Not A Bug (by dark's own admission), and, another is just someone "being fussy" ;) ,
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Crosby

Post by Crosby »

Oh my god ! There's 15 New :cry:

Good luck for developers :roll:

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

Just when you thought they'd stop posting new bugs, BAM! More than you need.

Why can't they just declare RC1 and proceed with debugging as normal?

drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

DanoruX wrote: Just when you thought they'd stop posting new bugs, BAM! More than you need.

Why can't they just declare RC1 and proceed with debugging as normal?

Because that would make it a non-RC release. RC is supposed to be a finalized version - not a "well, it's pretty close" version.