Disable Guest

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
me_09

Disable Guest

Post by me_09 »

Hello
Maybe exsisted this request and i'm sorry
In Phpbb3 is all perfect but i have a request
more people use phpbb for forum private don't is possible insert the funcion "Disable Guest" In All pages?
And question is possible on phpbb3 disable the function user contact by emails or a user registration a start is off?
Thx for answer and sorry for my bad english :(

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Disable Guest

Post by Highway of Life »

Hmm... perhaps you should try a babble translator, we might have better luck understanding you. :?

All groups are permission controlled, so yes, you can disable guest access to whatever forums you like.
Yes, you can disable the use of emails, see ACP > Email settings
Yes, you can disable user registration, look in the ACP under Board Configuration

me_09

Post by me_09 »

No sorry i'm sorry
The emails is right
for guest i want the guest see in all forum only page the login or "You Don't Have permission"
sorry for bad english

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

Highway of Life wrote: Hmm... perhaps you should try a babble translator, we might have better luck understanding you. :?

All groups are permission controlled, so yes, you can disable guest access to whatever forums you like.
Yes, you can disable the use of emails, see ACP > Email settings
Yes, you can disable user registration, look in the ACP under Board Configuration

Maybe you can try posting a message in me_09's native language and see how you manage?

Manners cost nothing but seem quite rare on this forum! It can't be easy for people from other countries to post messages about technical problems in a foreign language
"Life Is What Happens To You When You Are Busy Making Other Plans" - John Lennon

me_09

Post by me_09 »

sorry for example for easy
in Phpbb 2 for blocked guest in all page and reditec a login you use a MOD
in phpbb3 don't is possible is standar feature
reditec guest a login all page the guest try a see, only registred user see a forum or user have permission by ADMIN
is utily for create a forum private

VinDuv

Post by VinDuv »

In phpBB3 you can, without any MODs :
- Make a forum totally invisible for guests
- Make a forum visible but not accessible for guests until login.

phpBB3 has a very powerful permission system, you can set permissions (view, read, new topic, reply, poll...) for each user group (guests group, registered users group, administrators groups, groups created by the admin...) and for each forum.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

NeilUK wrote: Maybe you can try posting a message in me_09's native language and see how you manage?

Manners cost nothing but seem quite rare on this forum! It can't be easy for people from other countries to post messages about technical problems in a foreign language
If this was my own board, I would certainly try (and would fair well if it was Spanish or German), but this is a strictly English board, and it’s not my own.
I would still be willing to try, but perhaps you missed the fact that I was trying to offer a friendly suggestion so that WE could understand him better and therefore offer HIM better support. :roll: -- it’s for his benefit.
me_09 wrote: No sorry i'm sorry
The emails is right
for guest i want the guest see in all forum only page the login or "You Don't Have permission"
sorry for bad english
Okay, yes... that’s what I was getting at...
Go to ACP > Permissions [Tab] > Forum Permissions > (select all) > in the manage groups select box, click on GUESTS and click [remove permissions]
This should achieve the desired function.

Let us know if that helps. :D

me_09

Post by me_09 »

Yes for forum
But for page faq, search and index the guest see and system don't blocked
i try on phpbb beta 5 and the forum is hidden for guest but page index, search and faq is visible and
guest see i want invisible all forum a guest
(Search, Forum, Index, Faq, Download, Profile, Memberlist All)
need for forum private

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Oh well... make a page where you ask for a password, and if the users knows it then he's readdressed to the page where the forum is, otherwise there is no way to access it.
Then make this forum unsearcheable to search engines ("robots.txt").
Still, if someone knows the real forum address he will be able to see the index, but if all permissions are of for guests, he won't be able to do anything.
I can't see any more protected way to do this, without over-complicating things.

me_09

Post by me_09 »

For example i for don't see index and other page a guest

Add this code (By support Phpbb.com)

Code: Select all

if (!$user->data['is_registered'])
{
    redirect('ucp.php?mode=login');
}
Add this code on page you don't want guest see and this code reditic a login
I want on configuration