proSilver now in CVS!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
clearBiz

Re: proSilver now in CVS!

Post by clearBiz »

jojobarjo32 wrote: Try these things :
  • Refresh prosilver theme (ACP->Styles->Themes->prosilver->Refresh)
  • Empty your cache directory
  • Type CTRL + F5 on the index to reload the page without the cache of the browser (windows + firefox... I don't know for other OS/browser)

Ya, I've tried all of those and still no luck. But thank you for the suggestions! I'm doing a little more testing to see if I can pinpoint the environment that's causing the problem and then I'll report a bug. Cheers.

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Ok so here some more things :
  • Do a CVS update if you don't have the latest files
  • Refresh Theme AND Imageset of prosilver
  • Execute this SQL query (with phpMyAdmin or whatever tool you use... and don't forget to replace the prefix phpbb_ to whatever you use) :

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_styles_theme SET theme_data = '' WHERE theme_name = 'prosilver';
  • Empty again your cache directory...
  • CTRL + F5 and hope everything works :P
If all this stuff doesn't work... maybe try to remove everything (DB + files) and to install again a clean version of phpBB... (it worked well for me after those steps then I doubt that it's a bug...).

If you report a bug, try to give as much information as you can about your installation and all you've already tried ;)

clearBiz

Post by clearBiz »

OK, figured it out.

Apparently our Gentoo install disables the ctype functions by default. My guess is that these are being used due to their speed versus that of regular expressions, however, once the RC1 is released it might be worth noting their requirement and/or adding something to the installer to check for ctype support since they may not always be compiled in by default.

These are used on line 39 of the styles.php file in the CVS (as of today, at least).

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

This is a non issue in CVS, the ctype code was replaced with different function calls.
Freedom from fear

APTX

Post by APTX »

clearBiz wrote: Apparently our Gentoo install disables the ctype functions by default. My guess is that these are being used due to their speed versus that of regular expressions, however, once the RC1 is released it might be worth noting their requirement and/or adding something to the installer to check for ctype support since they may not always be compiled in by default.

ctype is enabled by default since PHP4.2 which is a bit below the minimum requirements of phpBB. ctype functions are part of the standard c library (so you should really have them when you compile PHP) so there should be no reason for disabling it.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!