Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
muse-ic

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by muse-ic »

^ spot on!

EvilNui

Post by EvilNui »

lodp wrote: [...] next thing you know you come here every day for updated rumors and bad jokes about bertie and bug-spray (sorry, guys :D )
Traitor! :lol:

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

lol well RC by the looks will be a bit with all them bugs in the tracker.

Schumi

Post by Schumi »

Did anyone notice that Vic D'Elfant has been promoted as a developer? ;)
"If sharks die, the sea dies" - Andy Cobb, ambassador SHARKPROJECT South Africa

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

Schumi wrote: Did anyone notice that Vic D'Elfant has been promoted as a developer? ;)

Not impressive, he's already on every other team. :P
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

muse-ic

Post by muse-ic »

^ saucer of milk for FOA! :twisted: 8) ;)

Fountain of Apples

Actually I should correct myself: He's not on every other team anymore. Now he seems to be only on the development team. From what I know of Vic, I'm sure that he will fit the bill quite nicely, which is good because the development team has been dwindling recently. Acyd Burn is the only developer who has been on the dev team consistently since phpBB 2.2/3 development began.

However, up until now, and particularly when I was on the teams, Vic was known for multi-teaming, being on like 4 teams at the same time! (Including Website Team, Support Team, Styles Team, etc.) However I know that Vic will be a great dev, and he definitely has the skills for it.

Hoping that I haven't said anything that will get me in trouble with the mods...

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Fountain of Apples, talking about the staff and their work... I just wonder why did you leave the phpBB team? too personal to share? Too confidential to let us know?

When you were in the team, you helped alot of people. I appreciate receiving help from you one time. You helped many and I am sure they're appreciative too.
hmm....

Fountain of Apples

yexusbeliever wrote: Fountain of Apples, talking about the staff and their work... I just wonder why did you leave the phpBB team? too personal to share? Too confidential to let us know?

When you were in the team, you helped alot of people. I appreciate receiving help from you one time. You helped many and I am sure they're appreciative too.

It's a mix of time constraints and a few other behind-the-scenes reasons which I won't divulge.

keithm

Post by keithm »

lodp wrote:
Garrydw wrote:
hobojjr wrote: Kinda new here, so whats RC?

Something that will drive you crazy... very very crazy!! 8O

I agree. Leave before you can .. if you read a couple of pages in this thread, next thing you know you come here every day for updated rumors and bad jokes about bertie and bug-spray (sorry, guys :D )

I totally agree, I must visit area51 about 5 times a day just to check on this thread, "Bug is less" and more recently "proSilver now in CVS!"

I realise this is my first post but I've been reading this forum for over a year now!

oh and btw, hi to everyone and I'm really looking forward to phpbb3 gold being released.