proSilver now in CVS!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jumborex

Re: proSilver now in CVS!

Post by jumborex »

Mmm! :roll: I have a trouble in my install with prosilver: subSilver is working fine as ever, while prosilver shows no button for Post Reply, or New Topic. Somebody knows why?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

so it sounds to me like sort of a Microsoft versus Mac thing… Vista is not Entropy friendly whereas OS X is… right?
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

jumborex wrote: Mmm! :roll: I have a trouble in my install with prosilver: subSilver is working fine as ever, while prosilver shows no button for Post Reply, or New Topic. Somebody knows why?

prosilver only exists in CVS, and you can bet that no one around here would give any support for CVS. Wait for RC-1. ;)
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Fountain of Apples wrote: [...] prosilver only exists in CVS, and you can bet that no one around here would give any support for CVS. Wait for RC-1. ;)

Maybe so! But the proSilver style now exists also in the official site phpbb.com: i think that this is something more then a CVS presentation.
More: I discovered why I had this problem. Because in my test install I use the Italian language as a try: I made myself the files. A small directory with language icons exists also in the styles. I would like to know if a psd format will be provided for translating the icons in other languages.
Thanks
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

I know I shouldnt do it, but I've just put the ProSilver style on my B5 forum... seems to work quite well!!

Fountain of Apples

PaulW wrote: I know I shouldnt do it, but I've just put the ProSilver style on my B5 forum... seems to work quite well!!

Strange how it never worked on my beta5 installation, I had to download the whole CVS checkout package to make it work!

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Fountain of Apples wrote:
PaulW wrote: I know I shouldnt do it, but I've just put the ProSilver style on my B5 forum... seems to work quite well!!

Strange how it never worked on my beta5 installation, I had to download the whole CVS checkout package to make it work!

Works fine for me :?

Was yours giving the following errors??

Code: Select all

his style requires the template set to be installed.
This style requires the imageset to be installed.
If so, its just the theme didn't extract or upload correctly from the archive... Some weird reason you need to extract the entire archive, just selecting the styles/prosilver folder misses some of the content :?

unless the CVS set I downloaded about 30 mins ago has since been updated?!

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Looked through the PM code... the Preview/Submit/Save buttons, aswell as the posting body isnt encased within a <form> object... this could be the issue?? or am I firing blanks...

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

ok… i"M a little less tired this morning and I got through the entire thing… I understood it but I didn't.
Is it about using less server energy? by microns?
Energy is limitless/endless… if only they could figure out how to make it without polluting the daylights out of everything.

According to some, the sum of all energy in the galaxy is 0
Some more think the Big Bang started on borrowed energy.... so we're just a little blip.

Fountain of Apples

yautja_cetanu wrote:
ok… i"M a little less tired this morning and I got through the entire thing… I understood it but I didn't.
Is it about using less server energy? by microns?
Energy is limitless/endless… if only they could figure out how to make it without polluting the daylights out of everything.

According to some, the sum of all energy in the galaxy is 0
Some more think the Big Bang started on borrowed energy.... so we're just a little blip.

That's one wormhole I really don't think we need to get into. :P