phpBB Development Fund

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
dhn

Re: phpBB Development Fund

Post by dhn »

Guys, if we really need money in form of donations from the community we'll let you know. Don't see this happening any time soon. In the meantime we are even more happy with you donating some free time instead and helping out in the support or discussion forums. ;)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

DoubleJ wrote: Although I'm not part of the development team, this is just my point of view.

I do the support/validating of styles because I like doing it, I'm not planning to make money out of it at all, I would not like doing it then anyway. I simply see this as a hobby, and hobbies don't earn money, but cost money.

Same here, just my 2 cents though.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

dhn wrote: Guys, if we really need money in form of donations from the community we'll let you know. Don't see this happening any time soon. In the meantime we are even more happy with you donating some free time instead and helping out in the support or discussion forums. ;)

Sorry I dont have any free time. :(

Could you use a hand? I do use my left one but I think Acyd could use it more effectively than I could. :lol:

MarkTheDaemon

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

If you do want to donate to something worthwhile you may consider the OSUOSL Rackathon which will support those guys and in turn support phpBB. (OSUOSL is where the phpBB.com box is hosted).

Mark
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

jimmygoon

Post by jimmygoon »

Posting out of curiosity... how open is the development with phpbb3. Is it tightly locked to a set group of devs who solely and wholly develop phpbb3?

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

jimmygoon wrote: Posting out of curiosity... how open is the development with phpbb3. Is it tightly locked to a set group of devs who solely and wholly develop phpbb3?

yes, that is correct.
http://www.phpbb.com/about/
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

I believe Neothermic's estimate doesn't include product lifetime support personelle and administration overheads?

It would also be generous as numerous parts have been recoded numerous times drastically increasing the total LOC comitted count.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

I may have missed it when reading this topic, but why not buy from the Cafepress shop :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red