Hidden admin color option in subSilver?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Alegis

Hidden admin color option in subSilver?

Post by Alegis »

Hey,

I'm using B5 dev and I wish to disable the coloring around the nicknames when admins post. Thing is, I found out where options such as p.moderator get their colors - but no mention at all of admin defined color or the color red.

Is this hidden somewhere else? I tried the CSS files and all and I think I'm going blind.

Another question, how do I easily disable the Report Post option? I have not found this either. I think of merely taking out the report button in the theme though.

igorw

Re: Hidden admin color option in subSilver?

Post by igorw »

Try editing the Admin/Moderator usergroup :)

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Alegis wrote: Another question, how do I easily disable the Report Post option? I have not found this either. I think of merely taking out the report button in the theme though.

Permissions are here for that.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Alegis wrote: Hey,

I'm using B5 dev and I wish to disable the coloring around the nicknames when admins post. Thing is, I found out where options such as p.moderator get their colors - but no mention at all of admin defined color or the color red.

Is this hidden somewhere else? I tried the CSS files and all and I think I'm going blind.

Another question, how do I easily disable the Report Post option? I have not found this either. I think of merely taking out the report button in the theme though.

The colors are defined in the Admin panel for each group.
When you set a group as a default for an user, the group color becomes their color.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Alegis

Post by Alegis »

Ah yes I see now. Lovely.

It needs some getting used to, everything worked out in the admin panel than files. Extremely nice.

Another quick Styles related question: I wanted to integrate custom forum ranks, but realized I could do that with custom profile fields. However, only displaying a profile field in profile is enabled by default. Where do I change it so I could have that field appear under de forum nick (without the Forum title: prefix). Or should I go manual after all.

edit: nvm found it, very intuitive system. Absolutely gorgeous.

Alegis

Post by Alegis »

Strange. I have a custom field eigentitel, display on topic is enabled; however it does not show up when executed with (instead it merely displays the command in the topic).
<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
<br /><b>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</b> {postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
<br /><b>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</b> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}
<!-- END custom_fields -->

{postrow.PROFILE_eigentitel_VALUE} didnt work. Or S_PROFILE, or without profile. Or without the IF clause.

I don't wish to use the custom fields field (which displays all custom profile fields that can be viewn in profile) as I only want one of these in the topic.

Any tips?

Klors

Post by Klors »

Alegis wrote: {postrow.PROFILE_eigentitel_VALUE}
Any tips?

Did you try {postrow.PROFILE_EIGENTITEL_VALUE}?

dhn

Post by dhn »

Alegis wrote: Any tips?

Klors made the right suggestion. All variable names have to be upper case (no matter what your fieldname is).

Alegis

Post by Alegis »

Thanks, that does work.
It's amazing how much can be changed from the ACP without the need for external mods, or without touching the FTP.

PaulC2K

Post by PaulC2K »

Can i hijack this thread to ask if anyone knows of a way to modify the bold from all usernames that are in groups?

Take this forum, the people in the Support Group (and set to primary group) are always displayed with a bold golden style, and i really hate this.
I dont mind the colouring, its the forced bold which i dont like and i cant find where i can modify this value so that these uses stand out no more than a bog-standard 'registered user' member.

Anyone know if this is possible to 'fix'?

Thx