Subforums

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
funtlack
I've been banned

Subforums

Post by funtlack »

It seems to me that it seems to be a difficult task to partake to get subforums to display on the main forum index. Would it be possible that in the Beta5 this minor problem could have a correction? Many wouldlike this, as I have asked and have knowledge of this. Thank you and three cheers.

~Funtlack, also known outside of the internet areas as Jurgen Sapperstein.

Tienchen

Re: Subforums

Post by Tienchen »

I don't get your problem...
If you think it is a bug (what I possible got) then please post it here:
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/queryreports. ... open&prj=4
BUT please specify your problem, and say what it is, why, on which configuration blabla. :)
The developers and the community is very welcoming this.
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

It is not per say a bug. It is just with difficulty I have spoken to my friends about this to get subforums (categories) to display on the main phpbbolympus forum index. In the ACP is is hard to find this particular and specific option.

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

funtlack wrote: ...
~Funtlack, also known outside of the internet areas as Jurgen Sapperstein.

Is it because I work too much, read too much code, don't sleep enough or just the alcohol, but why do I read this as:
~Funtlack, also known outside of the internet areas as Jurgen Spammerstein.
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

That was not anything that I requested. I asked a simple question about the subforums of Phpbb3OlympusBeta4 my friend.

Can no one help?

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

There's nothing to correct.
It works fine.

Just like many things in the new admin panel, you need to learn how to do it.

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

In my very humble opinion it is too difficult for the averaging users of phpbb3OlympusBeta4, and this is in dire and dutiful need of correcting actions to be taken by the intenet official developing phpbb Group.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

You select the parent forum that it's a subforum in and click List Forum On Index.

What's complicated about that? It's a very logical set of steps.

funtlack
I've been banned

Post by funtlack »

My official UserGroup for the most part does not have the ability to make this featurette function as the internet phpbbgroup developers have initialised it. I have received very negative feedback about this partial component in actuality.

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

This option is clearly visible when creating the subforum in the ACP :) I do not understand why you are having problems with this.