How to setup with SQLite? Thanks a lot!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
msibm

How to setup with SQLite? Thanks a lot!

Post by msibm »

I'm using a share hosting. The folowing is my Database Configuration. Is it right?

Database type: SQLite

Database server hostname or DSN:

Database server port:

Database name: /data/home/ug6aa1/sqlite/phpbb.sqlite
(I have moved sqlite.php to this directory. It's out of the web-accessible location.)

Database username:

Database password:

Prefix for tables in database:

But encounter this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: dbal_sqlite in /data/home/ug6aa1/htdocs/phpBB/install/install_install.php on line 1627

Who can help me? Thanks a lot.

Graham

Re: How to setup with SQLite? Thanks a lot!

Post by Graham »

sqlite.php should remain exactly where it is in the download. By moving it, you have caused the error you describe
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

msibm

Post by msibm »

Graham wrote: sqlite.php should remain exactly where it is in the download. By moving it, you have caused the error you describe

If remain it in the original derectory, there will be another error:
The database file specified is within your forum directory tree. You should put this file in a non web-accessible location.

I'm using share/virtue hosting.

msibm

Post by msibm »

The install directory of phpBB is:
/data/home/ug6aa1/htdocs/phpBB/

Is it in the same forum directory tree?

msibm

Post by msibm »

Database type: SQLite
Database server hostname or DSN: /data/home/ug6aa1/htdocs/sqlite/my.db
(phpBB is installed in /data/home/ug6aa1/htdocs/phpBB/)
Database server port:
Database name:
Database username:
Database password:
Prefix for tables in database: phpbb_

Setuping above, I can go to the next step of installation, but on the stage of creat table, it's error that can not find the server.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

I think this error message:
msibm wrote: The database file specified is within your forum directory tree. You should put this file in a non web-accessible location.

is about the data file of your database, not the PHP file from phpBB that's accessing it.

However,
msibm wrote: Database name: /data/home/ug6aa1/sqlite/phpbb.sqlite

I am not familiar with SQLite, but I think this is the database file in question. It would seem that the error message is incorrectly complaining about its location, because it is clearly not within your forum directory tree and, assuming /data/home/ug6aa1/htdocs is your webroot, also not in a web-accessible location.

Remember this is a beta version, things may not always go as you expect. As a computer user, you may have developed a natural reflex to assume that you're doing something wrong when you encounter errors. With beta versions, things are not that simple ;) I think in this case, the error message is wrong (or at least misleading) and something else is going on.

Try and troubleshoot this a bit further and see whether you can find out where this error message is produced and whether you can get a finger behind the problem that is occurring there. Then, submit a bug report. Maybe you want to have a flick through the bug tracker before you do so to find out whether it has been reported before and/or download a recent nightly build to see whether the problem occurs with that too.

msibm

Post by msibm »

Eelke,
Thanks a lot for your kindly and detailed help. I will wait for the gold version.

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

you should not have moved sqlite.php at all, it stays in place, the sqlite database needs to be in a non-web accessible location though
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one