Beta4 or RC1?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Beta4 or RC1?

Post by Kevin Clark »

chaosweapon wrote: Personally, I guess phpbbs next ver is RC1. Hope that's true.

It's already been stated it will be beta3.

I'm waiting for the gold version. And even then I'll probably wait a few weeks before upgrading.

I have too many members to potentially annoy if RC1 isn't right (not that I suspect it will be for one minute). Also the final style isn't coming out until the gold version and I'd like to use that in an upgrade rather than let them get used to one style (this one) and then change it a few weeks later.

I don't get the massive sudden urge to upgrade the very second RC1 turns up. Yes it has nice features but you've been using perfectly good v2 forums for many months or years. Your users won't care which version you're running as long as it works. Why not just hang on a little longer till you get the final version? Maybe it depends on the kind of forum you have. If it's just one for a few mates to chat, RC1 probably makes sense. If you have a big forum with many hundreds of users I think it makes sense to wait for the final version.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

chaosweapon wrote: Personally, I guess phpbbs next ver is RC1. Hope that's true.

There are still a ton of files that have things still left 'to do'. Let alone several 'bugs' that require a ton of work..

WWay

Post by WWay »

do you planned complete this at this year???

dhn

Post by dhn »

WWay wrote: do you planned complete this at this year???

We'll complete it when it is finished. :)

ItaloDancer

Post by ItaloDancer »

dhn wrote:
WWay wrote: do you planned complete this at this year???

We'll complete it when it is finished. :)

When it's finished there's nothing to complete anymore ;)