Moduls in ACP

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Ayreon

Moduls in ACP

Post by Ayreon »

How to make own ACP modules?
Was module install system finished?

I find that i need to:
- add a template in adm\style
- add correct module in includes\acp
- add module definition in includes\acp\info

New module is shown in the list of availible modules. Also i can add it to one of the existing or new categories and enable. It normaly shown in the module comtrol panel, and i can modify it like any other (official). But it not shown in the target category. What have i missed?

Gumfuzi

Re: Moduls in ACP

Post by Gumfuzi »

I think, after RC1 is released, someone will post the code of empty page and of an empty ACP module (page).
I mein the essential things to have in the code to implement a new page within phpBB3

Graham

Post by Graham »

Yes, there will be such a document. I've got a fairly comprehensive one already related the old module system, but it needs rewriting for the new one.

However the short answer is that, yes adding new modules requires at least 3 files and then you manually add it to the relevant category via the ACP (or if it is present at install time it will be added automagically to the correct place)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Ayreon

Post by Ayreon »

I realized the problem. It was in permissions =)

I have added in the includes\acp\info file acl 'auth' => 'acl_a_new' in analogy to the 'auth' => 'acl_a_ranks' in official module. But it doesn't work for me. So i try to replace it by one of the standart permissions - 'auth' => 'acl_a_ranks' for example and it works! Also it works with empty permissions 'auth' => ''.

So, the question is: Should the Modules CP automaticaly add permissions specified in the modul definition file to the permissions table? Or this past of ACP doesn't finished yet?

Graham

Post by Graham »

No, the module management part of the ACP will not either a) add them to the category specified in the info file (that's purely for the install) or b) add new permissions.

In the same way as there will be documentation for adding new modules, there will be documentation for adding new permission settings at a later point

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

stupid question:
will these docs already be within the RC1 release, whenever it will be released?

Graham

Post by Graham »

Within it - no

Available at the same time - perhaps, documentation is a work in progress as we move towards release

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

ok, thanks for this info!

XyonN

Post by XyonN »

I must say, I've been struggling trough the ACP for quite a while, but my opinion is that it has become way to large, to complicated en lost most of it's user friendlyness compared to phpBB 2.

Why, oh why has it become so clunky?
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=) your signature to help him gain world
(")_(") domination!

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

If you can design an interface with access to all the features that are there that is considerably less clunky (which I don't think this one is) then I'd like to see it. Why don't you do some mock-ups for us?