Trouble installing the ShopMod 304

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightrider

Re: Trouble installing the ShopMod 304

Post by Nightrider »

Check to make sure that the lang_shop.php file has been copied to your language/lang_english and all other language folders that you use...

Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

lang_shop.php is in the language/lang_english/ dir, and that's the only language I've got.

Edit:
Checked out the rest of the files too, all the shopmod files were added.
And I created a shop/images directory, as the DIY section said.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I'm hoping that Zarath is still monitoring this so he can give us an idea of what to check. If your language file is uploaded to the correct language folder and if the include for it is working correctly, I can't begin to guess why you are seeing a blank page without the text...

Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

Well, thanks for the help.

I posted this on Zarath's forum, so there's no need to wait for him here.
Again, thanks for the help!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Good. Zarath seems to be very helpful so I imagine that this will be working in no time at all. I wish all MOD authors were more like him...

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

I don't believe ID is a keyword, as EasyMOD usually says "reserved keyword" blah blah blah, even if it's in ` ` (I've had that problem with a few other mods).

I believe the other error he was talking about was a minor error in the lang file that caused a parse error -- which caused it not to load correctly. I've fixed it and replaced the old copy of 3.0.5 with a fixed copy. Should stop that error from happening anymore. :)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

No, I don't think that it is a reserved word either, but I sure can't explain why it is a problem. I have worked with many databases, but unfortunately I don't know the exact SQL syntax for MySql databases. I wish I had a MySql manual for problems like this. It might be a SQL Parser bug in EM for all I know...

I knew you would be able to resolve the other problem quickly. Zarath, I think you are doing a terrific job helping people...

Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

Well, I'm tired of trying to fix this.
how do I uninstall this mod?

Do I have to manually remove the edits in the install files or is there a way via the EM?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Restoring EM Backups

If a MOD that you installed with EM hosed your board or you decide that you just don't want it, simply go into EM History in your ACP MOD Center and click on the Details button next to the MOD entry..

On the bottom of the next page, select Restore Backups and press the Go button. Make sure you DON'T select the Remove Record option or you will be forced to manually rolll back the EM backups that were created for you. I will have to walk you through that if need be...

Next you will see a page to confirm eht operation. You would choose Yes:

MODs can only be uninstalled in reverse order that they were installed: FILO (First In, Last Out). So if you installed a MOD, then several others, then decided to remove the first one, you would have to Restore the backups of the other MODs before you could Restore the backups on the first MOD...

Restoring EM Backups (Manual Instructions)

Download the backups folder that EM created for you in the MOD sub-folder found in admin/mods. Strip the .txt extension from each file in every folder in the backups folder. So the resulting file extensions will be php, tpl, css, and cfg. Upload the files back to their proper locations on your board; i.e.
  • copy backups/admin/*.* to phpBB/admin/*.*
  • copy backups/includes/*.* to phpBB/includes/*.*
  • copy backups/language/lang_english/*.* to phpBB/language/lang_english/*.*
  • copy backups/templates/subSilver/*.* to phpBB/templates/subSilver/*.*
  • copy backups/*.* to phpBB/*.*
Of course if you have alternate templates and language folders, you will need to copy the files for them as well. I'm referring to phpBB as your forum's root folder in the above copy commands. If your root folder has any other name, just substitute phpBB with the name of your forum's root folder name...