Ban Control

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
lodp

Ban Control

Post by lodp »

I just installed phpBB3 for the first time and had a quick look through it -- it seems like the ban feature has stayed pretty much the same as in phpBB2.

You still have to copy&paste username, e-mail, and IP over to the admin panel if you're going to ban a user. I can tell from my own experience that that is pretty annoying when you do it on a daily basis. Why isn't there a "Ban User" button next to the posts for admins? There could be a dialogue with checkboxes for including username, e-mail, IP in the ban. Would that be hard to implement?

Glitched

Re: Ban Control

Post by Glitched »

That wont be added as a feature but it would make a good Mod for phpBB3.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

You could just go to the profile and click "administrate user" - from there you are just selecting the appropiate option (ban by username, ip, email, etc.).

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Acyd Burn wrote: You could just go to the profile and click "administrate user" - from there you are just selecting the appropiate option (ban by username, ip, email, etc.).
How about putting in a shortcut?

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

rivaldo wrote: How about putting in a shortcut?

That is the shortcut... :roll:
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

lodp

Post by lodp »

Acyd Burn wrote: You could just go to the profile and click "administrate user" - from there you are just selecting the appropiate option (ban by username, ip, email, etc.).

thanks for pointing that out. that's MUCH better already.

a button that performs all 3 kinds of ban (or a custom selection of bans) would be nice to have next to the "warn user" button, for example. just throwing it out there. would make a great mod, anyway.

Conna

Post by Conna »

This is the one reason I'm not using PHPBB.

I would love a 'Ban User' button next to 'Warn User' then it comes up with a dialog saying:

Time:
Reason:

Then under the post it says in red:

User was banned for this post: Reason.

It would be SO handy.

SamG

Post by SamG »

I don't think anybody who does use phpBB lacks a "it would be SO handy if" list. We all have our own reasons for using or nor using any piece of software. It's great to have options, yes?
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Banning users as simple as quoting them? Ugh...