Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Rotsblok

Re: Predicting Beta 3 release today!

Post by Rotsblok »

BTW Acyd isnt the webmaster of phpBB.com now getting a lot of emails regarding version Beta 3???
Cos i clicked on the get the zip archive directly from .... etc and phpbb.com told me they send a email to the webmaster regarding the problem that it wasnt on the server.

edit: and yes i know that that feature aint complete yet :P
Last edited by Rotsblok on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

shoes22

Post by shoes22 »

I think it's safe to say the gold version of phpbb3 will be out before the end of the year.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

End of 2006 or end of 2007?
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Noone knows. All we know is, it will be the year, by the simple fact it is the year phpBB 3 was released.

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Rotsblok wrote: look what you all have done know. Our best friend Acyd has removed the possible update script :(

Well he's right. :P
I downloaded it anyway cause I figured he'd do that  so I still have it anyhow :D

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

Beta3 :roll:?!....I hoped that next version after Beta2 will be RC1...

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

look, it's not even for sure it'll be B3, don't put a damn rolleyes icon just because your expectations of their FREE product may or may not be met.  

some people... give an inch, they want a mile. 

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

NNO-Stephen wrote: look, it's not even for sure it'll be B3, don't put a damn rolleyes icon just because your expectations of their FREE product may or may not be met.  

some people... give an inch, they want a mile. 

And quite frankly what he said has been said before and what you said has been said too much as well. It gets ungodly repetitive after a bit and makes this forum quite dull.

As for B3, if indeed that's what happens instead of an RC, I think it should be reserved for some fine detailed work just to smooth the edges out, it seems B2 is reserved for "more advanced" users who can spot hard to find bugs so i'm going to guess that it's just a downhill battle from here?

code reader

Post by code reader »

if you look at the ammount of code changed and added in the repository since the beta-2 release, and if you also notice that a significant portion of this code is not even bug-fixes but rather new development, you can see for yourself that the idea of going from beta-2 straight to rc is ridiculous.
NeoThermic wrote: We could go right into RC1 you know. Then there would be no beta 3...

NeoThermic
although formalistically correct, i think that neo, as one of the team, should know better than to suggest something he should know is complete nonesense.

twisi, the question is not whether or not there will be beta 3, but rather, whether beta 3 will be the last beta.
with everything that's going on (in the repository and the bug-tracker), the most optimistic predision i can imagine is rc no earlier than march.

if you calculate 3-4 months per rc, and at least 2 rc cycles, rivaldo's annoying insistence on gold release in november of 2007 starts to look hopeful rather than bleak.
i dont think this will kill us. we waited for olympus for > 4 years, we are happy it reached the beta phase, and we will wait a year more without complains.

cutaia

Post by cutaia »

code reader wrote: and we will wait a year more without complains.

Starting (When is it coming for God's sake?!? I can't take it!)...now!